Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Dec 7, 2009, 09:43 AM
    Can some one help me make this professional?
    If you could offer a suggestion or help me edit anything or even re write my resume I would be super grate full I will inclue one reusme I wrote and one that I did on some computer program thanks guys!

Honest worker who enjoys a fast paced environment
    Enjoys working and interacting with people to need their needs
    Working knowledge of computers and various software packages
    Respectful, friendly, and energetic
    Quick learner, fast adapter, can work alone or in a group setting

Employment History
    February 2009 – Current Superstore Deli Worker
    As with my pervious deli job this job requires, attention to detail, listening skills, customer service skills, and strict procedures to follow. I also have many cleaning duties.
    September 2008-January 2009 SkyBridge Marketing Customer Service
    As a customer service representative, I had to answer calls on behalf of Bank of America, and provide assistance with account inquiries, placing orders, as well as providing program information. As part of a PCI compliance environment, I followed very specific guidelines during the working day. The job required patience, listening skills, empathy, regular performance goals to meet, as well as knowledge of computer programs and navigation. Above all else this job required exceptional customer service skills.
    July 18 2008-August 18 2008 Horseback Adventure’s Wrangler/Cook
    As a wrangle/cook I worked 16hr days dealing with many tasks. I would prepare all meals. I also had to prepare the menu and make sure to pack all the necessary foods. I also dealt with the horses unsaddling them. I worked with guests 24/7 catering to their needs.
    January 2007-June 2008 Safeway Deli Clerk
    My job as a deli worker focused on serving customers. I also had many cleaning, and organising duties.
    2006-2007 Yogen Fruz Team Member
    During my time at Yogen Fruz I opened and closed the store according to procedure and in the allotted time. This job also gave me money handling experience from working the cash register.
    2006-2006 A&W Team Member
    I worked as a cook during my time at A&W. I learned how to cook according to food code standards. I also closed the store at night in accordance to the time allotted and the tasks that needed to be done. While I worked here I had another part time job which taught me time management.
    2005-2006 KFC Team Member
    At KFC I worked as cashier handling money, and customers. I learned how to open and close the store in a timely manner using proper cleaning and prep. Techniques. I also worked in the drive through maintaining professional etiquette in a fast paced environment. Working deliveries, I dealt with following written instructions, and corresponding on the phone.
    2005-2005 Cancer Care Manitoba Assistant
    I helped with the making of a cancer care Manitoba educational video. As the assistant I helped deal with the video participants. They participants were different nationalities so patience and attentive listening were required.

Education
    I am currently completing my high school degree
    I have also done part of the Medical Administrative Assistant course at Winnipeg Technical College while attending high school.

Volunteer Work and Other Credits
    Volunteered as a companion with an elderly couple, and have experience with the respite work environment.
    Volunteered at Rockie Mountain Escape for 3 months, living on location with 16hr work days.
    Volunteered at Riverview Health Center for one summer
    Volunteered at Fort Whyte Center for two summers as a camp councillor
    Have previously achieved the rank of able cadet in sea cadets
    Completed the basic’s for babysitting course

Reference’s available on request

Career Objective : Responsible polite, and a go getter. An asset to any company. Fast learner very adaptable to situations.

Education
    High School

Winnipeg, manitoba, canada
    Currently perusing completion of high school diploma.

Winnipeg Technial College
    Medical Admin Assistant
    Winnipeg, maniotba, canada
    This program was taken while in high school so graduation was not possible.

Work Experience
    Superstore, winnipeg February / 2009 - Present
    Deli Clerk This job requires, attention to detail, listening skills, customer service skills, and strict procedures to follow. I also have many cleaning duties.

Skybridge, winnipeg September / 2008 - January / 2009
    Customer Service Repesentivite As a customer service representative, I had to answer calls on behalf of Bank of America, and provide assistance with account inquiries, placing orders, as well as providing program information. As part of a PCI compliance environment, I followed very specific guidelines during the working day. The job required patience, listening skills, empathy, regular performance goals to meet, as well as knowledge of computer programs and navigation. Above all else this job required exceptional customer service skills.

Horseback Adventures, Hinton, Alberta July / 2008 - August / 2008
    Wrangler/Cook a wrangle/cook I worked 16hr days dealing with many tasks. I would prepare all meals. I also had to prepare the menu and make sure to pack all the necessary foods. I also dealt with the horses unsaddling them. I worked with guests 24/7 catering to their needs.

Safeway, Winnipeg January / 2007 - June / 2008
    Deli Clerk My job as a deli worker focused on serving customers. Customer Service was a must. I also had many cleaning, and organizing duties.

Yogen Fruz, Winnipeg 2006 - 2007
    Team Member During my time at Yogen Fruz I opened and closed the store according to procedure and in the allotted time. This job also gave me money handling experience from working the cash register.

A&W, Winnipeg 2006 - 2006
    Cook I worked as a cook during my time at A&W. I learned how to cook according to food code standards. I also closed the store at night in accordance to the time allotted and the tasks that needed to be done. While I worked here I had another part time job which taught me time management.

KFC, Winnipeg 2005 - 2006
    Team member At KFC I worked as cashier handling money, and customers. I learned how to open and close the store in a timely manner using proper cleaning and prep. Techniques. I also worked in the drive through maintaining professional etiquette in a fast paced environment. Working deliveries, I dealt with following written instructions, and corresponding on the phone.

Cancer Care Manitoba, Winnipeg 2005 - 2005
    Assistant I helped with the making of a cancer care Manitoba educational video. As the assistant I helped deal with the video participants. They participants were different nationalities so patience and attentive listening were required.

N/A, Winnipeg
    Respite I do occasional respite work.

Skills

Extensive knowledge of computers and there programs.
    Excellent multitasking skills
    Extremely driven
    Always positive

Affiliations
    Volunteer, Companionship
    February / 2009 - July / 2009

Rockie Mountin Escape, Volunteer
    May / 2008 - July / 2008

Riverview Health Center, Volunteer
    June / 2005 - August / 2005

Fort Whyte Center, Volunteer
    May / 2006 - August / 2007
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2009, 10:10 AM
    There is too much information in your c.v... too much to read..

Put in the relevant work experience for whatever you are applying for.

Your c.v should be about two pages.. or there abouts,and you need a covering letter.. something along the lines of...

Dear sir/madam,

In these challenaging times organizations are reassessing their recruitment needs and staffing requirements.

I would ask you to take the time to consider my c.v as a means to meet your organizations needs.

I am currently working in etc etc.. say what you do,briefly,

And then to end...

With my experience and current qualifacations I feel I can adapt my skills to your organizations needs.

I have included my c.v for your consideration and look forward to hearing form you..

Your s sincerely...

Or something like that.

Dec 7, 2009, 10:11 AM

But al my jobs are little ones and if I'm trying to apply for a better job like secretary what experience can I really put from my other jobs?
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2009, 10:15 AM

Anything to do with customer service,computer work,handling cash,interpersonnel skills...

Although you have achieved a lot,being a cadet had nothing to do with the job your applying for... you can always put that in hobbies and interests...

Hang on and maybe someone else will be able to be more helpful...

You have a good c.v it just needs to be culled a little.

Dec 7, 2009, 10:16 AM

Dear sir/madam,

In these challenging times organizations are reassessing their recruitment needs and staffing requirements.

I would ask you to take the time to consider my resume as a means to meet your organizations needs.

I am currently working in a field that will not take me anywhere. I am looking for a full time career to make a long term investment in.

With my experience and current qualifications I feel I can adapt my skills to your organizations needs.

I have included my resume for your consideration and look forward to hearing form you..

Your's sincerely

How's that? And thank you so much for your help
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2009, 10:19 AM

That's good accept for the part that says it will not take you anywhere!

How about I am currently studying or looking for work in the personnel area/ client needs/ secretarily area...

Don't put yourself down what ever you do...

Your selling your skills!

Dec 7, 2009, 10:31 AM

Dear sir/madam,

In these challenging times organizations are reassessing their recruitment needs and staffing requirements.

I would ask you to take the time to consider my resume as a means to meet your organizations needs.

I am currently studying, and looking for work in the administrative field. I am looking for a full time career to make a long term investment in.

With my experience and current qualifications I feel I can adapt my skills to your organizations needs.

I have included my resume for your consideration and look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely, Krista Levesque
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2009, 10:37 AM
    Looks good... also.

Cul the c.v back to a page or two.. keep it easy to read and spaced out...

I've seen it happen many times where c.vs are binned because there is too much reading in them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a professional [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have major family and personal problems in my life right now, and I don't want to share it on a nonsecure website. If there is anyone that you guys know that I could talk to , to help me sort through my life, who is a certifiable professional, It would really really be great. Thank...

Troubleshooting Wxp professional [ 1 Answers ]

I recently reinstalled window xp professional because of some problems I was having. I am still having problems. When I download some software that I previously had and are still using on another PC, once I reboot it is all gone. One software that I was trying to download, I couldn't completely...

How Can be a professional [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Shnaice. I am 14 years old going to the 9th grade. I want to become a pro in singing because this always been my dream I just don't know where to start. I like the idea of American Idol but I don't want to compete I want to make it another way. I'm trying to think of a good...

Professional Simulation [ 2 Answers ]

I just can't figure out this problem can someone please help me with this simulation problem? Norwel company manufactures miniature circuit boards used in wireless phones and personal organizers. On January 2, 2006, Norwel purchased a circuit board stamping machine at a retail price of $12,000....

Windows XP Professional [ 4 Answers ]

Hello , I have Windows XP Pro . Shouldn't I have a Speaker Icon on my task bar to adjust my settings ? I find this odd I don't . If so , How do I go about getting a Speaker Icon Added . :cool: Thanks , Lisa

View more questions Search