Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SunnyRainbwHart Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2009, 09:33 AM
    Copy iPhone contacts
    HOW TO COPY iPHONE TELEPHONE NUMBERS INTO WINDOWS MY COMPUTER DOCUMENT?

My brand new iPhone 3GS 16Mb is factory-defective, malfunctioning since day one, and the various Apple iPhone tech support personnel determined that it is a device malfunction and urge me to exchange my iPhone for a new one. Prior to getting a new iPhone I need to copy my entire address book comprised of 600 telephone numbers.

I need to copy all of my 600 telephone numbers from my malfunctioning iPhone to my laptop in case the AT&T personnel accidentally delete it while transferring the data from my malfunctioning iPhone to the new one. (I've experienced AT&T people accidentally deleting my entire telephone address book on three separate occasions when I upgraded to 3 new cellular telephones.) I want to copy my telephone address book contacts from iPhone to my Windows XP Professional OS laptop's "My Documents" so that I can have access to these numbers offline plus would have the capability to print them out.

I've exhausted all informational resources: AT&T store personnel don't have the equipment to do this nor do they know how to, the iPhone user's guide doesn't address this question, the online Apple iPhone website doesn't explain how, and the Apple/iPhone telephone tech support person was unable to figure out how, despite my spending/wasting 162 exhausting, frustrating minutes on the phone with her, and Google didn't turn up relevant answers.

When I Googled the question, all the answers were irrelevant because they referred to downloading the iPhone's numbers to a Windows address book or Outlook. I'm not concerned with transferring anything to my e-mail yet because I have a new laptop which I haven't configured for Outlook yet nor have I used e-mail yet on my iPhone. Also, my e-mail situation is complicated because I have several different e-mail addresses with two different e-mail providers, so I don't want to involve e-mail.

I've already synchronized the phone to the iTunes website and copied my Music and photos there. (BTW, the Apple/iPhone tech support person said that it's impossible for me to view the phone numbers on the iTunes website, that they're just held in memory there but impossible to view, which doesn't make any sense to me.)

So, repeating, all I need to know how to do is copy my iPhone telephone numbers to a file document in MS Windows' "My Computer".

I know there are a lot of erudite people on this forum, so I'd be grateful if someone would please educate me, step by step without leaving any steps out. Don't make assumptions that I know or should know something. Any computer gurus out there to put me out of my misery?

Many thanks in advance!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2009, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyRainbwHart View Post
    HOW TO COPY iPHONE TELEPHONE NUMBERS INTO WINDOWS MY COMPUTER DOCUMENT?

When I Googled the question, all the answers were irrelevant because they referred to downloading the iPhone's numbers to a Windows address book or Outlook.
    Hello S:

Your Windows address book ISN'T an email program. Once the data is there, it can be copied wherever you want it.

excon
    amy8903 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2011, 03:09 AM
    Hey sunny,
    I am experiencing the same problem so if you have already found a solution, could you please help me as well.
    I would be really grateful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

IPhone music copy [ 1 Answers ]

iTunes does not allow copy music from iPhone to HDD. Is there anyone know any other way to do this. Thanks!

Iphone wi-fi [ 2 Answers ]

How do you get free wi-fi on the iPod touch?

Illusions contacts VS Natural touch contacts [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Any one got any info on Illusions opeque colored contacts and Natrual Touch opeque colored contacts? Because I want to order some but my budget is very slim. The discroption of the contacts says that they provide depth to the eye... which gives off the illusion that they color you have is the...

View more questions Search