Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ankara55t Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Dec 7, 2009, 05:23 AM
    # of moles and grams
    In NaHC03 + HCl ----yields NaCl + H20 + C02

if we use 6.0ml of a 6.0M HCl, to calculate the # of moles and # of grams of HCl, do I do the following: 6.0ml X 6moles/1000ml. To get the # of moles then just multiply this by the molecular weight of HCl to get the # of grams?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2009, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    If we use 6.0ml of a 6.0M HCl, to calculate the # of moles and # of grams of HCl, do I do the following: 6.0ml X 6moles/1000ml. to get the # of moles then just multiply this by the molecular weight of HCl to get the # of grams?
    This is your equation:

If you count atoms, you'll find that the equation is balanced. You have the same number of Na, H, C, O, and Cl on both sides of the equation. Therefore you can say the following:

1 mole of NaHCO3 will react with one mole of HCl to give 1 mole of NaCl, 1 mole of water, and 1 mole of carbon dioxide.

The first thing to do is to figure out how much HCl you have.

The molecular weight of HCl is 36.46 g/mole

Note how the units cancel. This is a general way to solve any of these problems. The units can tell you what to do next.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2009, 08:27 PM

In other words, it's a 'yes'.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grams in moles [ 1 Answers ]

How many grams are in 5.66 mol of CaCO3

Grams To Moles [ 2 Answers ]

How do I convert 29.641 grams of lead to moles?

Grams to Moles [ 2 Answers ]

How do you convert 5.5 grams of salicylic acid C7H6O3 to moles of salicylic acid?

Mole to grams/grams to moles [ 2 Answers ]

I have no idea out to convert grams to moles I just don't get it... I need help please

Moles from grams [ 2 Answers ]

Given this equation; 2H2 + O2 = 2H20 answer the following; a) If you start with 10.0g of H2, how many mol of H20 is produced? Why do I get the answe of 5 moles? I know the answer is 4.95moles. I can't figure it out.

View more questions Search