Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZenolaRose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2009, 08:42 PM
    Can a father retain a lawyer for his daughter while the mother this approves?
    The mother's sister was driving under the influence and ran a stop sign colliding with a bus. The father wants to file a claim against her insurance company for injuries his daughter sustained, but the mother doesn't want to because her sister was the driver. What are the father's rights at this point?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2009, 08:49 PM

The father can do what he likes.
    The father's rights are absolute.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 6, 2009, 09:13 PM

So long as he as legal custody he can file. Why is it a problem to recover for injuries ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Illegitamate daughter born in 1964 to adulterous mother seek biological father [ 21 Answers ]

I was born to a married couple in Portsmouth, NH in 1964, but just recently found out that Mom had affairs. Dad has highly doubted for many years that I am his biological daughter. I am in search of my biological father only to meet him, and get to know him. I seek no monetary gains at all. ...

Father Asks mother for child support when mother has no money [ 2 Answers ]

My mother got re-married and had my little brother with this man. He is now 10, I'm 15 and my sister is 17. (Our father pays child support but not on a regular basis, you can't depend on it) About 3 years ago they separated and got a divorce. We had custody of him. Then my brothers father filed...

Father paying child support to mother when daughter lives with dad's grandparents [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I don't know what to do he has a 15 year old daughter who lives with my husband's parents, she been living with them since 1994 when child services gave temporary custody to my husbands mom until the mom felt ready to get custody back. My husband didn't have the custody because he...

View more questions Search