Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SSilva90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2009, 06:09 PM
    Where can I go to put the father's name on the birth certifate
    I had a problem with my son's father so I didn't put his name on the birth certificate. I don't want to put the father on child support because he helps me when he can. All I want to do is the right thing and put his name in his son's birth certificate.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 6, 2009, 06:12 PM

Sorry not getting a formal child custody agreement and a formal child support agreement is not "doing the right thing"

Please get a specific court order for the rights of the child, not for being nice to the "daddy". He will merely have to pay a pre decided amount based on income
    SSilva90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2009, 06:19 PM

My issue is that I don't feel bad for him. At the time in the hospital my family was with me and they didn't want me to put the fathers name down on the birth certificate so I didn't put it. Now my family seen he wants to clean up his act and be there for his son and move in with me and the family. I just want to put his name down because I didn't get to make my own decision in the hospital
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 6, 2009, 06:22 PM

It has to be added in family court, where all the other issues will need to be addressed also

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I put father's name on Birth Certificate? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I recently moved from New York to South Carolina and am 9 months pregnant. The father and I are still very close but not together. I do not know if I should put his name on the birth certificate when the child is born. I do not plan on taking the father to court for child support and...

Can I put my fathers name on my birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

When I was born my mum didn't put my fathers name on my birth certificate can I put it on now my mum has passed away I live in the uk and have no idea how to do this or even if I can

How can I get my father's name add my birth certificate; where do I go, and what all [ 4 Answers ]

How can I get my father's name add my birth certificate; where do I go, and what all has to be done.

Father's name on a Birth Certificate [ 4 Answers ]

What are the laws if my son's birth certificate has a father listed that I am sure is not the real father? The person's name that is on the certificate is aware of this and wants it to remain this way and the real father has no interest in our son and has not in almost 2 years (my son is 3).

Add father's name in birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I have been asking question concerning how add a father's name in a birth certificate, without going through a lawyer with the concent of a mother? If you have any answer concerning this question I will appreciate it. Gladys >Moved to Family Law<

View more questions Search