Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kurt27915 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2009, 03:11 PM
    My mom hates me
    My mom has been treating me like dirt for the past few years, it has been really bad this year. She usually seems nice but every few days she gets mad at me for no reason. I try and keep good grades in school, but say if I miss an assignment, or forgot to turn something in, SHE GOES NUTS! And when I try to explain things to her and she won't listen! I've kept my cool, but I seriously have had it! If I get mad at HER, it will make things worse, and anything I do nice for her, I rarely even get a thank you! She is always blaming ME for the problems we have, I'm not saying all of it is her fault, I'm saying that I don't have much to do with it! What do I do!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 6, 2009, 03:20 PM

So you miss doing school assisgnments and don't turn in all of your school work?

Why do you do this ? I have to say yes as a parent my kids would have had to deal with the results of not doing their jobs
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2009, 04:11 PM

Maybe she has a lot on her plate. First things first, do your homework, and try to make good grades. Not just for her, but for yourself. The smarter you are, the further in life you will go.

Try to lighten her load by helping out around the house. So what if she doesn't give you credit for now, at least she won't have that particular thing to worry about. And she might have a better attitude.

I'd be willing to bet she would give you a lung and maybe her heart if you needed it. No one will love you like your mother. And that's a fact.

No matter what, you treat her with respect. When you get older, and have kids of your own, you will see the responsibilities in life. And how tough it is to make ends meet.

Good luck, and go study.
    KayGates Posts: 95, Reputation: 5

Dec 7, 2009, 05:57 PM

Sounds like my mom, haha.
    BIG DEAL IF SHE MISSES SOME SCHOOLWORK, she will be the one who pays for it. There is such thing as encouragement and good parenting and not just yelling and flipping out when you are mad. You don't deserve to feel like , but getting mad is not the answer. It snowballs into a horrible situation. Maybe consider asking your school counselor if you can do group counseling?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom hates me, is it me? [ 3 Answers ]

My mother and stepfather married in 1984 when I was about 4, and we were a happy family for many years. About 8 years later, my mother started going out on my stepdad with a much older man (about 30 years older). This went on for many years, until she asked for a divorce 2001. I remained close...

I cannot communicate with mom and don't know if I'm being unreasonable [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 20 years old and lately I've been having a lot of problems with my mom. My mom has a lot of financial problems and she has a hard time paying all of her bills. She got me into acting when I was 12, hoping that I could work. I soon became very passionate about acting and decided that's what I...

Boyfriend and my mom [ 11 Answers ]

I have been dateing this guy for a year now, my mom lives with me , my boyfriend has tats, that she don't like , he has a job, he treats me like a lady , I go to his house on sat. nights from 10pm until 2pm Sunday afternoon ,I can't talk to him on the phone because my mom get mad at me , friends...

I'm 16,my grandma has custody but I want to live with my mom. Can I? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 16 years old but I will be 17 in 2 months and I live in Florida. My mom got out of prison June 1, 2009 and she got a house and a job and she is capable of taking care of me. I ran away from my dad for 6 months because he was very abusive and in August the courts gave custody to my grandma...

View more questions Search