Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Purdue2010 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Dec 5, 2009, 12:57 PM
    Electric razor
    Everyone knows that Christmas is right around the corner, and I need some help. My boyfriend needs an electric razor. He mentioned something about a long hair trimmer, and a short hair trimmer. At times I am not the most attentive girlfriend, because I wasn't really listening to what he was saying. I need to find a really good electric razor. The hair on his face grows really fast. He usually has to shave with a plastic razor and an electric razor, and I want to get him a razor where he will not have to do that. I think the only reason he does that is because he is a little cheap and doesn't want to dish out the money to buy a good razor. Anyway, he is special and he deserves a good razor. Anyone swear by a razor that they absolutely love?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 5, 2009, 01:44 PM

Most electric razors don't give a close shave. At least I've never seen one that does.

My husband uses a wahl (sp?) system that has different attachments. This way he can adjust the length. Heck, he mostly uses it on his hair (he has a buzz cut) and then on his beard.

This way your boyfriend can cut down his beard so that the plastic razor doesn't have to work as hard to get through the growth.

Is this what you're looking for? If not, let me know, I'll do some research to see if I can find what you're looking for. :)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2009, 07:30 PM

Probably not the greatest, but I have one. Amazon.com: Remington MB-70 vacuum beard & mustache trimmer (factory reconditioned): Health & Personal Care and I don't use it everyday.

The head can move, thus adjusting the length.

The head then removes leaving a small and long cutter. You pick by rotating the head. The long cutter would be used for wider areas and the short could be applicable for sideburns.

This would get the hair so it can be managed with a razor.

I use it every few weeks for trimming.

I forgot, it collects the hair that's cut in a compartmnt at the base.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2009, 07:45 PM

I have used dozens of electric ones and they never shave as good as a real blade. I keep a electric one in my vechile to touch up during the day to stay looking fresh.

Here is what consumer report has to say

Men's Electric Shaver Reviews; Best Electric Shavers
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2009, 09:05 PM

I agree.

The two pass method though should work nicely. A trimmer and then a Razor like a tracII or MachIII with a shaving gel like Edge.

I shave in the shower without a mirror.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Razor rash [ 2 Answers ]

OK well, I don't like waxing because I don't handle pain to well, so I use a razor to "trim the hedges"... one down side, razor rash... how can I treat/prevent it?

Bad razor burn [ 3 Answers ]

What can I do to prevent razor burn? I change my blade regularly. Sometimes its even worse when I use a new blade. I've tried a variety of shave creams/gels. Sensitive skin types, fragrance free, no shave gel at all or shower gel instead. I've tried putting lotion on after but that just makes it...

Dirty razor [ 2 Answers ]

OK, this may sound stupid but I'm kind of freaked out. I was at work yesterday and I was cutting a box with a razor blade that everyone in my store uses and I cut myself. The problem? Just last week one of the other girls who works here also cut herself twice with it! Now this girl sleeps around...

Razor bumps? [ 7 Answers ]

HOw can I shave "down there" and not get razor bumps anyone have any tips ?:p

Electric razor [ 2 Answers ]

Can you cut yourself with an electric razor? If you can is it easier to be cut by a regular razor?

View more questions Search