Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    <3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 11:25 AM
    If you were dying your hair black and blonde highlights how would you do it yourself
    I want to dye my hair black with blonde highlights. Right now its red on the top and black underneath. I have the blonde dye that will bleach the red. But when would I do the black? When the blonde is in the foil? But who do I keep the black from running wit the blonde?
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2009, 10:27 PM

When you are doing something as dramatic and precise as black with blonde highlights, you will more than likely want to have it done professionally. Hair dye can react with nearly anything- such as hair dye you currently have, shampoo you use, minerals in the water you wash your hair with, etc. When you are going from red to black, to avoid any messes or regrets, it would be worth the money to get it done professionally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dying hair from black to blonde [ 25 Answers ]

Wel.. I dyed my hair last week a natural black colour and I am putting a natural blonde hair dye on it. I just wondered will it work? And what colour will it go? :confused:

Dying hair red over blonde highlights [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there I wonder if you can help. I currently have blonde highlights dyed in my hair, and I want to change my hair colour to red. Is it OK to the hair dye red, over the already coloured highlights, or would this go weird colours? Thanks for your help

Dyed black hair to blonde highlights [ 1 Answers ]

How can I lighten my black dyed hair? I've only dyed it black/blue twice. I want to start putting caramel highlights in gradually and then start putting proper blonde hightlights in. When I asked my regular hairdresser she said it wasn't possible as nothing will lift the black colour in my hair...

Dying hair from BLONDE to BLACK? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I have blonde hair. I want to dye it black but I'm afraid that it might become permentet or ruin my real hair color... will it??

View more questions Search