Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coachdivita Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 07:49 AM
    Primer bulb not pumping gas on echo gas trimmer
    I cleaned the carb and replaced the fuel filter and primer bulb. The bulb will not send gas to the carb. What else do I need to do?
    hawkeye088 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Dec 6, 2009, 09:01 AM

Did you completely disasemble the carb? There are many tiny orifices inside that can get shellac buildup from old gas. Also the diaphram on these carbs can get hard over time. The diaphram works as a simple one way valve and are supposed to be soft. Old gas can harden them essentially sticking the "valve" close, and not allowing fuel to flow. You need to check the inside of the carb to determine the condition of the valving system. The pump will be on one side of the carb, the meter valves are on the other. You either have a walbro or mikuni carb.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting lp gas water heater to natural gas [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to convert a lp gas water to a natural gas water heater or will I need to get a new heater?

My gas furnace doesn't light pilot ilght come on but gas doesn't come on [ 1 Answers ]

Gas furnace doesn't come on the fan for fresh air/exhaust and pilot light comes on but gas valve not letting gas in to burner so it doesn't light,but if I turn off power and back on three or four times it will work until house cools and need heat again

Ryobi gas trimmer primer bulb hookup [ 5 Answers ]

The gas lines to the primer bulb of my Ryobi 790r string trimmer primer bulb have literally rotted away and I must replace them. There are 2 connections to the bulb,2 to the gas tank and 2 to the carburetor. I need a diagram to tell me how these should be interconnected and nobody seems to know....

Replace primer bulb Echo trimmer [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any magic to replacing the primer bulb on an Echo weed trimmer? Sure sounds like the thing *wants* to start now, but no luck?

Echo primer bulb [ 4 Answers ]

How do I replace the primer bulb on my Echo grass trimmer model 1E SRM-2400? I purchased to part but can't get to the 4 screws to replace. Thanks Dilady

View more questions Search