Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stefnwes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 05:10 AM
    Daschund ear problems
    Ear is red inside and he shakes his head all the time and sometimes he takes his paw and digs it like it itches
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2009, 08:19 AM

It could be mites or an infection.

Time for a vet visit to determine the cause and get prescription ear drops for him.
    With ear drops it should clear up within a few days.
    urbancowgirl7 Posts: 84, Reputation: 4

Dec 8, 2009, 09:23 PM

I agree. I'd bet on mites, which is actually fairly common in doxies. Both of mine have had it and my mom's had it. Is there's a lot of brown discharge or a bad smell coming from his ears? You can buy over the counter eardrops for it, but you'll want to get it diagnosed first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Problems with adopted Daschund [ 4 Answers ]

I adopted a Daschund aprox. 3-4 years old from the pound. He cowers and urinates every time we touch him. We give him lots of love but it doesn't help. We put him outside and he still pees when he comes back in. We have had him since Thanksgiving. My husband wants to give him to a rescue if we...

Daschund - ear problems [ 4 Answers ]

My daschund has an ear infection - vet is recommending draining his ears under anesthia to speed up the healing process - is this worthwhile? He is not in pain and procedure will cost $400 and he will still be on the antibiotics the same length of time

My daschund has problems! HELP! [ 22 Answers ]

My little 2 year old mini daschund still isn't potty trained! What should I do? Lately he also has been having back problems. We haven't taken him to the vet yet and I was just wondering what they might be. He just wimpers everyonce in a while and somedays he can't jump up onto furniture and...

Daschund problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6 month old daschund. She is the BEST dog in every way but she has a problem with peeing in the house. Particularly on our bed. I love having her sleep with us, but I cannot endure the peeing any longer. I have also had problems with crate training her. She poops and pees in her crate....

View more questions Search