Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2009, 03:01 AM
    Why females live longer than males: is it due to the father’s sperm?

Researchers in Japan have found that female mice produced by using genetic material from two mothers but no father live significantly longer than mice with the normal mix of maternal and paternal genes. Their findings provide the first evidence that sperm genes may have a detrimental effect on lifespan in mammals.

Please comment.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2009, 03:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLCAM View Post

Researchers in Japan have found that female mice produced by using genetic material from two mothers but no father live significantly longer than mice with the normal mix of maternal and paternal genes. Their findings provide the first evidence that sperm genes may have a detrimental effect on lifespan in mammals.

Please comment.
    I may not be the smartest poster on this thread but...

I thought that women lived longer because we're more emotional, we talk more about stuff. Guys kind of bottle it in, which causes stress in the body and well it kills you. [at least that's what I thought:confused:]

I have a question though...

If it has to do with the father's spermcell then wouldn't it effect [affect?] women too?

Bare with me...

But does that mean a "type" of sperm can lead to a shorter life?

For example:
    -Druggy dad vs. healthy dad ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking the code ( what males and females really mean). [ 8 Answers ]

A Women's Guide To Male English What's wrong? = What meaningless self-inflicted psychological trauma are you going through now?  I'm hungry = I'm hungry  I'm sleepy = I'm sleepy  I'm tired = I'm tired  What's wrong? = I don't see why you are making such a big deal out of this.

Why is it that humans live longer than most animals [ 3 Answers ]

What make humans live longer than other animals

Doctors say elderly Mother can no longer live alone [ 4 Answers ]

My 87yr old Mother lives in a regular apartment complex. Recently, after a 2 week hospital stay with congestive heart failure, the doctor has issued a form/letter stating that she is in need of assisted living and can no longer live alone. I have been told that in Texas this letter from the...

View more questions Search