Ask
    hubb1960 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2009, 07:26 PM
    Help for dog with grooming rash
    Help for dog with grooming rash
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2009, 07:33 PM

I would ask your vet if they can prescribe you a lotion for it.
    I use Neotopic-H Lotion, it is absolutely brilliant, only around $10 for a tube and a tube will last you a year or more.

I have poodles so when they are clipped they get clipped back to skin on their faces, neck, feet and tail base. My white boy gets terrible clipper rash but if I apply this cream it almost completely disappears in a few hours.
    hubb1960 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2009, 07:48 PM
    Thanks a million. I have two shelties and on one they clipped too close right at her front private area. I plan to go to the vet tomorrow am... I am EST in USA. Do you know if you can safely put diaper rash crème for babies on it?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2009, 09:17 PM

No I wouldn't use baby rash cream... it is safe for dogs on places where they cannot lick it off like their head and face but on areas where they can lick it off it could be harmful.

You can however use an aloe vera gel to help soothe the itching and heat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My new dog attacks my other dog. [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I have a dog problem and hope someone can help! I have a 7 year old dog and have recently got a 2 year old from a rescue home. They play around together most of the time but every now and then the new dog will randomly attack my other dog. She has drawn blood on him and it is defo not...

Child Grooming [ 3 Answers ]

My question is my daughter came back into my life after 12 years,she`s now 18.:) For reasons that I couldn't control the ex-wife ran off with her and I couldn't find her all though I did try. She found me and I have since found out that she lives with a guy and there is nothing sexual going on...

Grooming questions [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Tre_cani, Diva here! Lol I have pet grooming questions! My dog is a little, but FREAKIN POOFY HAIRED DOG! We don't know what she is exactly, but mostly I have heard she looks like she has sheep dog (cuz she's very shaggy) and maybe lapso (im guessin because of her size and face) Anyway.. this...

Grooming Problems [ 2 Answers ]

I'm asking a lot of questions recently but I'm 37 years old and this is my first dog and the first time in my life where I now have the free time to be able to devote enough time to raising one. My 3 month old Rough Collie is perfect in every way.. so far I haven't had any problems...

View more questions Search