Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    al-habsi Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2009, 11:51 AM
    Finding force
    A block that weighs W rests on horizontal surface for which the coefficient of friction is u. A force P act on the lock with the line of action of force making an acute angle O with the horizontal.

A) find the force just necessary to start this block in motion by methods of physics and mechanics?
    mathwiz3502 Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 05:42 AM
    Do you mean make force the subject?
    mathwiz3502 Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 05:42 AM
    Do you mean make force the subject?
    al-habsi Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 07:05 AM

Yes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Finding the Magnitude and Direction of Force one with the Resultant Given [ 14 Answers ]

Determine the magnitude and direction theata of F1 so that the resultant force is directed vertically upward and has a magnitude of 800N. 9925 I have difficulty of where to start the problem? Do I sum up the forces of the x axis with unknowns in it and forces of the y axis with the unknown...

Find force of gravity, normal force, and net force in Physics [ 6 Answers ]

A crate of mass m (=10 kg) is placed at rest on a (frictionless) inclined plane, which has an angle (= 30 deg ) above horizontal 1. The force of gravity on the crate is? 2. The normal force on the crate is? 3. The net force on the crate is? 4. How long would it take the crate to slide 8 m...

Finding Friction Force Based on Acceleration [ 1 Answers ]

A passenger is pulling on the strap of a 15 suitcase such that the suitcase moves to the right ans speeds up. The tension in the strap is 70. and the strap is inclined 35 degrees above the horizontal. If the acceleration is 1.3 m/s^2, find the frictional force acting on the suitcase. EH?...

Finding force of tension [ 2 Answers ]

Hi can someone please help, I am trying to answer a physics problem, I neeed to find the tension of massless rope with a 2 paintbuckets that each way 3.2 kg. I know that a=0 but I can't figure out how to find the force of tension on bothsides of the rope.

Finding mass in Frictional force problems [ 3 Answers ]

I need to understand how to find the mass when I am working on a frictional force problem. I am given the mass of a previous trial and I know gravity and the static or kinetic friction but I am trying to find the mass of the object in trial two... how would I go about doing this? :confused:

View more questions Search