Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    violet0019 Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Dec 4, 2009, 10:08 AM
    I want to buy a used PT Cruiser, in Montreal
    I want to purchase a used PT Cruiser. I live in Montreal, Canada. I would like to purchase a used car with the intention to keep it for approx. 15 years (or more!) if possible. The last car that I had was an Eagle, Summit wagon and I had it for 16 years, with only 62,000 km, and I took very good care of it. It would still be "alive" if only I had been smarter - I never rustproofed it :o and unfortunately :(the undercarriage and parts of the body rusted to the point of danger and I was unable to continue to drive it. I wish I could purchase a brand new car but I am unable to. A few months ago I passed by a Dodge dealer and saw a 2006 PT Cruiser, :cool:with 33,000km. And it appeared absolutely perfect - the outside body was perfectly painted as if it was brand new, and when I opened the hood everything "appeared" clean and perfect... when I asked the salesman he said that it had been owned by an older couple. It seemed too good to be true. Plus he would have given me the option to purchase an extended warranty! Could this be possible, or could it have had the mileage turned back, and maybe have been painted etc... The cost was $8,000. (Canadian:) dollars!) and I hadn't even "bargained" the price. The only thing was the colour was very electric, :eek:psychedelic blue,(which I still could have lived with), if at that point someone would have guided me in purchasing it, and assuring me that it was indeed an amazing SAFE fantastic purchase. I would be very appreciative of any advice, suggestions and opinions on how to go about purchasing this car if I wish to keep if for a very long time. What do I need to ask, :confused: or be careful of, mileage, and also any comments about purchasing a used car that was leased would be appreciated? My budget is $9,000.-$10,000. Maximum, including winter tires! Also, is this a good car?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2009, 10:16 AM

Most cars, these days, are very good, if they are properly maintained. If you like the car, and it passes your independent inspection, I would buy it. Consider getting a Carfax on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 pt cruiser [ 2 Answers ]

I Have A 2003 Pt Cruiser That I Have Had For About 3 Years. I Have Had Various Problems With It, But None Such As The One That's Occurring Now. My Boyfriend Replaced The Bushing And The Bearing On The Drivers Side. The Bearing Has Been Replaced About 5 Times In A 2 Month Radius, But This Isn't The...

SHOPLIFT Montreal (-5000) -Suggestions? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everybody! Last Sunday I stole a pair of jeans($108) from a store in montreal, I got caught in the parking lot by undercover security guys, I didn't deny or resist to anything... We went to a small office where the asked me for ids, the filled a report wich I never saw and they made me...

View more questions Search