Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    candj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2009, 08:45 AM
    Thermostat reset by flipping circuit breaker
    We have a Honeywell Thermostat T8112D1005 (1) 0014 PF1A. It is about 10 years old. In the morning the heat does not kick in, but if I manually flip the furnace circuit breaker off for a few seconds, then on, the furnace then works fine. What is causing this?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 4, 2009, 08:46 AM
    Exact brand and model number of furnace?

Dec 4, 2009, 08:56 AM
    Honeywell Thermostat T8112D1005 (1) 0014 PF1A.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 4, 2009, 10:31 AM
    Hello?? The Furnace brand and exact model not the thermostat model.

Here is your thermostat manual

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...it/69-1633.pdf

Dec 5, 2009, 09:24 AM
    I'm sorry, I misread your response. Carrier Multipoise, Condensing (LP Gas) Furnace,
    Model # 58MXA 120-20.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2009, 10:20 AM
    The furnace may be malfunctioning/locking out, and interrupting/restoring power cancels the lockout. Look for a status light on the front/blower panel. If blinking while heat is not working, check/read the "SERVICE" label.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

20 amp breaker keeps flipping [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a 20 amp breaker that keeps flipping, it has 3 outlets, 3 sets of indoor lights and 2 flood lights on that breaker. Last couple weeks we noticed that we'd come home and the breaker would be flipped. I'd flip it back on and it might work for a couple days or a week, then it would flip...

Reduce/eliminate elec pwr usage by flipping circuit breaker? [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know if you can reduce/eliminate "standby" electrical power usage of major appliances if you flip off the circuit breaker for them when not in use? I have heard that unplugging appliances reduces the standby power but it can be a hazard unplugging it so many times... Also...

Breaker tripped after accidental short after reset only halfthe circuit came bck on [ 3 Answers ]

While changing a light switch the hot accidentally shorted, the breaker tripped and after resetting only half the circuit fired back up. I checked all the outlets and switches all seemed good but again only half of them had power. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Keep flipping breaker [ 5 Answers ]

I have run new wire from one outlet to a switch to another outlet, for some reason while the switch is on everything works fine, when I switch it off it throws the breaker. I am running the switch to operate a garbage disposal so I can't very well leave it running all the time. Starting to get...

GFI Circuit Breaker will not reset [ 3 Answers ]

I have a GFI Circuit Breaker connected to my outdoor wiring. After a very heavy storm the power to my holiday lights blew. I attempted to throw the GFI switch, but it will not reset. Do I need to replace it or am I doing something wrong. Also if it needs to be replaced, how difficult a job is it? ...

View more questions Search