Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tphlegm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 01:20 PM
    Salary
    How do you calculate salary? If a job offers you a hourly salary and then says your yearly salary is this amount, how come they don't average out. For example if the hourly rate is 14.00 an hour, what would the yearly salary be?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2006, 01:42 PM
    How many hours do you plan to work in the year?

Let's say you plan to work 7 hours a day, for 5 days a week, for 50 weeks in a year.

Then, your total hours are 7 x 5 x 50 = 1,750 hours

1,750 hours x $14/hr = $24,500.

Therefore, your yearly salary at $14/hr and at 1,750 hours will be $24,500
    Bellayork Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 09:16 AM
    Also, don't forget that some people get a paid lunch break and others do not, this can mean that your annual salary and hourly rate can appear not to balance.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 4, 2006, 09:56 AM
    Another issue is your pay period. Some companies pay bi-weekly, others pay weekly and others semi-monthly.
    nancyjyost Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 08:56 PM
    hourly rate x hours worked per week x weeks in a year (52) = salary rate

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abuse of Exempt (Salary) status [ 1 Answers ]

My husband works for a company that pays him salary. He is a general manager with this company. He is working anywhere from 60 to 70 hours a week. I had read somewhere that if a person is salary that they must work at least 50% of their time doing manager work. He is doing at least 70% of...

Home country salary from US salary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a L1 visa holder from india and was working in Massachusetts from aug 2005 to dec 2005 as a contractor from my original company in india. I used to receive the US salary from aug 2005 to dec 2005 for which I have the W2. During the same period I also used to receive my indian...

Salary Question [ 2 Answers ]

A business enterprise pays weekly salaries of $20,000 every Friday for the five-day week ending on that day. If the fiscal period happens on a Thursday, an adjusting entry would be necessary. This adjusting entry would consist of? A- Debit Salaries Expense, $4000 & Credit Salaries Payable, $4000...

Un-paid salary [ 2 Answers ]

I worked as a sales rep for a physical therapy center (for a short period, two weeks and 2 days) before I quite. I did not trust the owner/president of This small company and the work environ became totally negetive, and besides, I did not want to become too much in hock to him lest I get burned....

View more questions Search