Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Frankly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2009, 04:34 AM
    Is sauvignon blanc the best wine to drink with monkfish
    As an alternative to turkey, we are having monkfish for christmas dinner this year and I want to find a delicious white wine that will match/ compliment it beautifully... so, I am looking at either a chilean sauvignon blanc, a white burgundy or a chablis. Any recommendations gratefully appreciated! (I was toying with the idea of a New Zealand Pinot Noir but I just can't seem to get my head around red wine with fish - I don't like that metallic aftertaste!) Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking wine vs dry red wine [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all: Thank you for reading/responding to this post. I am making what I hope will be a rich, yummy roasted onion soup... the recipe calls for dry red wine... my wife picked up a red cooking wine... will this work, or be too strong? Or should I just go get that dry red wine..? Any help...

Wine value [ 1 Answers ]

I was given a bottle of Calvet Reserve 1993 Bourdeaux - what is it worth? Is it drinkable after almost 20 years? It has been stored in the proper temperatures and position and out of sunlight. I would value any help in estimating the worth of the bottle or if it is drinkable. Thanks Steph

What red wine with monkfish [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a dinner party and serving Roasted Monkfish tails wrapped in parma ham with creamy garlic potatoes for the main course. All of my guests are red wine drinkers and I wondered what red wine would compliment this dish the most? Thanks for your help.

Looking for a wine we used to drink [ 1 Answers ]

Late 60's - we bought several bottles of a Delas Frers (excuse the phonetics), Cote de Rhone - a wonderful wine at the suggestion of a local wine expert. Later on, we were told that it was a mediocre wine. We didn't do it as an investment, but just because we liked it. Question is: Do they...

Drink wine to increase your memory [ 10 Answers ]

After being a long resarch scentiest has proved that wine is good for memory. Cheers www.vijay.bhatter.com www.india-forums.com

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.