Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronbon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2009, 10:03 PM
    How to reduce static on home clock radios
    Our clock radio is tuned to KDKA our station of choice. Difficult to keep on station but too much static and fadwe in and out to fully hear at night (The station reduces power at midnight). Reception is far better in the AM, say from 6 AM. We recently bought a new radio possibly some better than the (reaakky) old one. This one seems to stay on KDKA where voice came in from otjher stations on the old one. It is plugged into the same outlet as our answering machine.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2009, 10:31 PM

1. Add an external antenna. Modify that AM antenna -- on hard-core-dx.com

2. Find a AM radio with good specs and an external antenna input.

3. Buy an internet radio such as the Roku Soundbridge. It has good reliability based on searching on this Site.

Radio Roku - The Best Internet Radio Guide

Right now, I don't have the SOundbridge software installed on my computer, so I can't check. I do have the Radio.

4. Use your computer and a set of powered speakers and listen to it online. I tried this. Stream is good.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2009, 12:20 PM

I failed to mention that turning the radio/antenna will make a difference as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Auto Radios better Reception [ 7 Answers ]

Why do some brands of automobile radio provide much better reception than others?

EVP and two-way radios [ 3 Answers ]

Can a ghost cause a voice activated transmitter to send a signal to a receiver ?

How can I reduce my weight from home [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 21 year old and I weigh 66 kgs and my height is 5 feet 2 inches suggest me how to reduce my weight. Suggest me diet and what sort of exercises

How do I reduce the total cost of a home [ 1 Answers ]

How do I reduce the total cost of a home

View more questions Search