Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Dec 3, 2009, 08:46 PM
    55H+ Lightening Serum- Is it safe? (Ingredients Listed)
    Hey I'm trying the 55H+ lightening serum as of lately. Will someone please let me know if they recognize any harmful ingredients:

Propylene Glycol, Liquorice (Glyccyrrhiza Glabra) Extract, Apergillus Ferment, Betula Alba, Citrus Limonum, Rarnbucus Nigra, Rubus Fructicosus, Tilla Bulgaris, Ethoxydiglicol, Aqua, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Metabisulite
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 10:45 PM

Propylene Glycol- is a humectant (like glycerin), so it helps retain moisture. Petroleum derivative

Liquorice- is a safe natural skin lightener

Apergillus Ferment- fungus/mold extract, also used as a skin lightener. Some consider it as a more "powerful and stable form" of Kojic acid.

Betula Alba- (aka birch bark extract), prevents bacteria and fungus from growing, also used as a natural preservative. Known to have therapeutic properties.

Citrus Limonum- an emollient that conditions the skin, as well as for fragrance.

Rarnbucus Nigra- I couldn't find anything on this, I know "nigra"means black, but could find no definition or translation for "rarnbucus".

Rubus Fructicosus-(shrubby blackberry/bramble blackberry), conditions the skin.

Tilla Bulgaris- used for fragrance, also moisturizes and conditions the skin.

Ethoxydiglicol-

Aqua (aka water)

Sodium Lactate- It's a solvent used to help thin out products.

Sodium Metabisulite- Used as a preservative as well as an antioxidant, can possibly be irritating to some people's skin.
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Dec 10, 2009, 10:42 AM

Just an update on this product. Do NOT use it on your face. It's way too strong to be used on the face. And after further examination I read on the bottle it's made especially for knees, elbows, hands, and such. At first it made my face really bright. Then really really really really light gray. It was hideous. THEN it started to peel. And now my skin looks back to how it was before I started using it. THANK GOD. But that was a scary period. That was all over a weeks time. So I'll be using it on my body and not my face. Lol.
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Dec 10, 2009, 06:05 PM

Thanks for the review. I was wondering if this worked, Let us know how if it works for your body.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 08:27 PM
    Yes, thanks for the review and your experiences with it. That's a lot of transitions to go through in one week.. lol. Will you be trying it on the knuckles as well? Those are the hardest for me to lighten.

Oh,I didn't realize I forgot to define , it's used as a solvent and carrier in skin care products. Ethoxydiglycol
    DarkSkinGirl Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Dec 12, 2009, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    Just an update on this product. Do NOT use it on your face. It's way too strong to be used on the face. And after further examination I read on the bottle it's made especially for knees, elbows, hands, and such. At first it made my face really bright. Then really really really really light gray. It was hideous. THEN it started to peel. And now my skin looks back to how it was before I started using it. THANK GOD. But that was a scary period. That was all over a weeks time. So I'll be using it on my body and not my face. Lol.
    What are you using on your face?
    MixedChick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 03:06 PM

Which 55H serum did you use? I notice that some of the bottles are a different colour.
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Jan 2, 2010, 11:32 AM

I would like to know too
    oh-so-lovely Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 10:28 PM
    So am new to bleaching... what are serums, gels, oils, and lotions... what are their purpose. I want to try 55h+ but I don't know which products to get... also has anyone tried sh18... and does every bleaching cream pill the skin

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Safe skin lightening [ 2 Answers ]

How can I safely lighten my skin with no side effects

Is it safe to mix all these skin whitening ingredients together [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I bought Citric acid powder Alpha arbutin powder Hydroquinone powder Kojic acid powder Mulberry extract Aha acid Do you think it's safe to mix these ingredients with my favorite cream and put it direct on my skin?

Has anyone tried the sure white whitening serum/cream - list ingredients as well! [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone tried the sure white hydroquinone free serum of cream bleach. And please please list all the ingredients because I cnt find it anywhere on Google! (the ingredients). Apperently it works fast, is natural, long lasting whitening and even FDA approved!

View more questions Search