Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skunkman44 Posts: 76, Reputation: 5

Dec 3, 2009, 05:01 PM
    Is there hope for my son?
    My son is lost. He's a healthy 22 year old. But he dropped out of high school after being put in special ed. Then he failed the GED test, after private tutors, I think it was five times. Now he lives in our basement without any prospect of a life on the outside world. I don't really know what is going on with him to tell the truth. Sometimes he's smart and then he does something that rocks me back on my heels. I can't get a handle on it. A good analogy is he's a good sound ship without a rudder. As you know you can't do anything today without HS or DED. And he can't live in my basement forever. He said he can't find a job. I am disabled. Because of cancer they removed my tongue and most of my throat but I found a job because I looked. He hasn't even tried. Even the army won't take him. We are at out wits end with him. Is there anyway to get him at least a GED?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 3, 2009, 05:33 PM

There are lots of jobs, a lot of them dirty, hard and low paying but if he wants to work he needs to get out.

Sometimes it takes "hard love" and I am not sure you are up for it, but you basically evict him, give him a time frame, and he may have to live on the street or shelter for a month or so, but I bet he learns

He gets to stay all day most likely playing games? All day and all the food he wants to eat because you allow him to. He does not have a reason to have to work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Things you should know if you have a son [ 53 Answers ]

A few things you should know if you have a boy, or a man. ;) 1.) A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep. 2.) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite. 3.) A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder...

Is My son eating enough? [ 5 Answers ]

My son is 3 months. He eats about 3 1/2 oz every 4-6 hours. (breastmilk) A lot of my family tell me I'm not feeding him enough.. But he is gaining weight just fine. He has 6-8 wet diapers a day and 1-2 dirty diapers a day. I've tried feeding him more often and he doesn't seem to be intrested. He...

Looking for my adopt son [ 1 Answers ]

I know what city my son is in want to know how I can see if he is try to find me what free web sites can I go to

Let my son be or keep fighting? [ 39 Answers ]

My son's father and I broke up in 2005, he was very physically abusive and I did not want my son to be apart of it, so I left him. After about a year or so, my son's father came after me for full custody of son. My son was about 1 1/2 at the time. My ex at this time had one DUI, a life's...

Son of a US Citizen [ 2 Answers ]

My mom went to the US with a H1b visa, and on July 1992 My whole family went to the US embassy consulate for an interview and I was the only one been refused a visa because I exceeded the required age for a dependent. Now my mom is already a US citizen so as my brother and sister. Now I'm already...

View more questions Search