Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2009, 03:31 PM
    "Cadillac" Health insurance - what is it:
    Hello:

Is a Medicare supplament policy a cadillac plan or is it a Medicare Advantage plan?

If neither, what is it?

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 3, 2009, 03:49 PM

I have never heard of a "cadillac" plan,

There are various types of supplements but they are set by law, each having the same benefit, they are normally given letter numbers.

So the plan F from one company will and has to be the same plan from the other company.

The Advantage plans is where a private company is providing the coverage instead of medicare, often you will get more coverage from them for lower money, but each plan will have various co pays
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2009, 04:03 PM

Hello Padre:

I understand those differences. But, the term "cadillac" comes from the health care bill under consideration. The cuts to Medicare that the right wing is talking about will happen to these "cadillac" plans, because they'll be taxed heavily, and the thought being that that will result in fewer benefits being offered by the cadillac plans.

I was just wondering if I have one of those. I don't think I do, cause I drive a 26 year old Volvo. Particularly, I have the one you mentioned, plan "F".

excon
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2009, 06:06 PM

Hello again, Padre:

I looked it up. Apparently the're NOT related to Medicare at all. They're private plans that provide for EVERYTHING and have VERY LOW deductibles. They're going to tax them starting with the plans with premiums ABOVE $8,000 a year. My plan "F" costs $1,500 a year.

I didn't think any Medicare plan could be called cadillac. Plus, I can't see how taxing these plans is going to reduce Medicare benefits.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 3, 2009, 06:27 PM

You have a good rate, of course they are based by state and company

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Usage of Term "UNEXPIRED INSURANCE" in accounting [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to ask that in accounting language what does the term unxpired insurance signify, if it is giving in trial balance. while preparing the final account an adjustment entry of insurance has been given which is as under, 1. during the year goods of the value of Rs. 800...

Suing in CA When Insurance Deemed Car "Total Loss" [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Everyone: I have a question about suing the individual driver who caused this 3 car accident in the state of CA. I was the number 1 car that got rear-ended when the #3 car rear-ended #2 car and pushed #2 car into mine. Right now, #3 car's insurance deemed my car a total loss. However,...

"The Line: A relationship health-check for now and later" [ 5 Answers ]

Every relationship has that invisible, all-important, self-preserving boundary we all know as "The Line..." I see a lot of people on here in tough relationships MOVE the line when they are in love, or obsessed, or just tolerant, or scared, or bored... or... well, you get the idea. People are...

View more questions Search