Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Serenity2009 Posts: 57, Reputation: 0

Dec 3, 2009, 01:01 PM
    Some Questions I have about a vow renewal
    OK the Hubby and I are planning a June 5, 2010 Wedding redo, everyone who was there likes the idea because of some cercumstances. Everyone that couldn't make it to the wedding in August is gungho too because they can make it to this one. My idea is to have a Black, pink and silver weding, anyone have ideas for a 1500 wedding budget? I am in the middle with all my ideas, and where is the best place for cheap but great wedding items.

I am searching goodwill, thrift stores, yard sales and I am DIY a lot of stuff. Thanks in advance ladies

A wedding redo like a vow renewal, but we never got to do the wedding thing for a crisis happened on wedding day. We went to the JOP and we wanted to do it right this time around. Our guest list is at about 30-50 people may become around 70 depending on his family that want to come, but we will know by new years after we get together with the family.

We have our venue, we are having the ceremony in his parents pool house. Its huge and enough room. Then the reception and cocktail hour in his parents house. Well just the cocktail hour in the house, and around the pool will be the reception. If anyone wants to dance there is ample space in the house for those to chill and relax as well. There basement will be like a game room for the kids. Its all free from his parents. And they are supplying the alcohol for those who want to drink.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 06:19 PM

Here are a few ideas I've seen that turned out really well -

Simplify the flowers. Instead of a $200 bouquet, you could get a dozen or twenty tulips or long stem roses, buy some water tubes at a craft store to keep them fresh, and wrap the stems together with ribbon... beautiful and not that expensive.

I was at a wedding where instead of renting tuxedos, the men all wore black suits. They spent a little more but they owned them and could wear them again. They bought regular ties off the rack, and again, could also wear them again.

It can be cheaper to buy table cloths at a place like a TJ MAXX than to rent them - look around. Then you own them for future family events.

Skip table favors - they can be a couple bucks for each guest, and really, nobody cares if they get them. If you like, put candy dishes on the tables instead of individual treats.

Print your own invitations - you can buy the kits at scrapbooking and stationary stores, or on-line, and you print them at home. Much cheaper than professional printing.

Less flowers on the tables, more candles - get them cheap at a dollar store. Cheap candles sometimes smoke, but it doesn't matter if you're outside.

Have some friends play DJ - if you don't want to tie someone up all night, ask them to do shifts. Give them a microphone and let them ham it up (don't pick someone who will be inappropriate though).

If you have flower girls or ring-bearers, get their outfits on clearance after Easter - there will be a lot available even in discount department stores and they will be a lot cheaper than a bridal store or tuxedo rental place. Or, as a renewal ceremony, you could skip the bridal party all together.

Make the food - the best food I ever had at a wedding was an Italian buffet - lasagne, italian sausage, herb-breaded chicken breasts, Caesar salad, rolls - they made it all in advance and heated it up and served it buffet. They did hire servers but only needed two to man the buffet instead of people to serve every table.

Limit the bar to a keg of beer and wine - most people like one or the other. If you want to offer more, do a single "signature cocktail" like a fancy martini.

For ambiance, you could do patio torches around the gardens and pool - not that expensive and they are nice to have after the wedding, too.

If you have a bartender, buy your own liquor and make sure you can return what's not opened with the liquor store. If the bartender or caterer provide the alcohol though, they will typically charge you another 25% over what they pay for the liquor.

Just a few ideas... keep asking, people will come up with a lot of ideas for you I'm sure. And be aware that nobody has money right now - big shows of wealth are actually out of fashion, simple is good!
    Serenity2009 Posts: 57, Reputation: 0

Dec 5, 2009, 03:27 PM

Cool thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renewal outside the uk [ 2 Answers ]

I am an englishman living in Germany and need to renew my british passport, can I send the papers to my family in the uk and get them to forward the application (cost 72 pounds) or do I have to send everything to the company in Dusseldorf (cost 160 €uros) ? Thanks in advance for your advice.

H4 renewal [ 1 Answers ]

Renewal of h4 visas from india

View more questions Search