Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smdk Posts: 73, Reputation: 2

Dec 3, 2009, 12:14 PM
    I am very shy.
    I am very shy I blush whenever I speak to someone... I am very self concisous also I mean I just can't look at myself in the mirror,webcam,etc...
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 01:09 PM

If you have low self-esteem, it's usually a good idea to go to a completely neutral person like a counselor and talk to them about how you feel. (It's always nice to hear your mom compliment you, but c'mon... she's your mom she's supposed to.)

A counselor can give you some good exercises to find out the distortion in the ways you think, and to help you find the truth in all the thoughts, lies, decpetions, and opinions you have about yourself. (I've done a few myself and it works wonders!) But what has worked for me, may not work for you- this is why a counselor is a good idea- they have tools and tactics for you to use to feel better about yourself.

If you are shy and quiet, you should give yourself time to break out of your shell. I am extremely shy too. People are amazed to hear me speak, and I am only outgoing with people I feel comfortable with.

A good way to break shyness is to get out of your comfort zone and be social- don't go out alone though, go with some trusted friends to a party, etc. Also, you could try joining conversations instead of attempting to initiate them- and talk with GROUPS of people instead of just one person- this way you make up about 20% of the conversation as oppose to 50%, and you won't feel the pressure to have to talk more.
    smdk Posts: 73, Reputation: 2

Dec 4, 2009, 01:28 AM

OK actually I have no problem in talking to anyone but first I blush whenever I speak to anyone(especially girls) second whenever someonte takes my photo I get very angry and I just can't look at myself in the mirror I am very thin you know...
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 10:48 AM

I know what you mean, I am thin too. But this isn't a "shy" problem, it's a self-esteem and self-confidence problem. Go to a counselor and get some advice on how to boost yourself esteem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to break a shy guy [ 64 Answers ]

8 threads merged and edited for a complete story. I am 24 years old and have been seeing a 31 year old guy for quite some time. We were together and I thought it was going well, but our families are really close so we decided to break it off before it got serious and we hurt the family. We...

View more questions Search