Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rickeverett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2009, 11:54 AM
    Major plug no clean out valve what to do ?
    We have a plug somewhere in the line. We can not find the clean-out for the plumber to access the line. He says find the pipe or he won't even attempt to fix it. Is there a way to fix the problem from inside the house?
    dmrlook Posts: 134, Reputation: 8

Dec 3, 2009, 11:57 AM

I would think you could snake from the vent on the roof, or even safer, remove one of your toilets (closest the clog if you know where it is and snake from there, and then just reseat the toilet (with a new wax ring) when done. Let's see what the experts have to say...
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 3, 2009, 12:22 PM

Good advice so far. Check outisde within 18" of the foundation, that's is usually where an clean out exists. Are you main drains PVC? You can always cut the main stack and install a clean out, do not cut into the vent stack unless you can support several hundred lbs of that pipe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace or clean a diverter valve [ 1 Answers ]

Replace a diverter valve

Sewer Clean-out Valve Relocation [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I recently had my sewer line replaced. Before the job I had the county locate the "clean out valve" which was situated in my front lawn about 3 feet from the concrete side walk. The plumbing company dug a 12 foot trench in the middle of my front lawn, tore out two sections of concrete...

View more questions Search