Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Me_Myself_I Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 3, 2009, 01:56 PM

So should I just say what user 'redhed' said initially then? Or will I leave it and tell him nothing , just ignore any messages I receive?
    itried Posts: 249, Reputation: 108

Dec 3, 2009, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Myself_I View Post
    so should i just say what user 'redhed' said initially then? or will i leave it and tell him nothing , just ignore any msgs i recieve?
    He hasn't responded after you said "just friends?", which means you've backed him into a corner. If he says "OK" to being just friends then that's that and it's more than likely over. If he says "NO", then he's probably only doing it with the intention of keeping you in the picture until he can make a more graceful exit.

After all that's been said and done between the two of you, in my opinion, nothing he says or you do will make the other person happy. It's obvious he doesn't want to be exclusive and the fact that you're pushing for answers probably crystallized this doubt for him. You should have taken it slow, 6 months may be a long time when you're 21, but at 29 it's not a lot of time at all. I think you guys are done.

Dec 3, 2009, 06:10 PM

Well I text and told him that I'm taking it that I'm single and when he figures out what he wants to thro a text or to call, meanwhile ill be living it up as a single girl.. . His reply was that 'your putting me under a lot of pressure ' awk well.. I'm a single girl again and plan to stay that way... as much as it hurts :)
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Myself_I View Post
    well i text and told him that im taking it that im single and when he figures out what he wants to thro a text or to call, meanwhile ill be living it up as a single girl . . . His reply was that 'your putting me under alot of pressure ' awk well.. im a single girl again and plan to stay that way... as much as it hurts :)

For what its worth,that's what I would have done...

Just move on,from your posts you have been through enough and need some time on your own,have fun and enjoy your life.

Feb 5, 2010, 06:44 PM

*** OK, so December 4th I broke up with him... New years eve a 'friend' text him a sexy joke and he replies 'come down to my house then' , she makes a point of rubbing it in my face. I didn't show any hurt or anything, in fact I'd have said I was over him and wasn't really bothered what he was saying or getting up to, to her though really I felt like I was being tore up... I got over it and didn't mention it to him nor anybody else.
    February 4th I get a message from him saying... ' can we make thing work again?'
    I reply
    'No, you hurt me, what's going to change this time around? Nothing... '
    he replies
    'how did I hurt you?'
    I reply
    'how did you not? I mean as if igoring the last message wasn't bad enough you chat up my friend... forget it'
    he replied
    'i did not no that was ***** I thought it was one of my mates messing around because I didn't have the number on my phone, though whenever I found out who it was texting I told her to leave me alone... '
    I replied
    'whatever , she has a boyfriend who I happen to be good friends with.. if your wanting things to happen between you's I'd advise you to make sure she's single because I don't want to see him hurt'
    he replied
    'i don't want to be with her, she was sending me dirty messages and as soon as I find her boyfriend ill be telling him what sort of slpper he is going out with and if he doesn't believe me ill sort his face out... in a relationship and sending me messages like that f**k sake'
    I replied,
    'so your going to hit someone who's done nothing wrong?'
    he replied
    'she has had enough time to tell him about those texts, the fox has run long enough, if she'd have told him she might have had te decency to save his face. That's twice now she has said stuff and this time it looks like she has done what she has set out to do... '

long story... I managed to talk him out of hitting a person and calm down... I had a lot to say to him after that including.

'as for the relationship business, you were not up for it before, what makes you think you are up for it now? I'm not really interested I think we'll just be going around in really small circles'

his reply
    'i'm up for it or I would not of text. I just got afraid last time but it's too late now, I can see that I've hurt you I now it just feels like pressure... you've hit home with a lot of the things you said tonight. I no you're a star you don't have to tell me, I got on the way I did because I did not want to get feelings again myself for you because we wanted to keep it light hearted but I guess that's out the window now. :( I can't help my insecurities hun there going to be the ruin of me that's why I get upset at night, and I hope some night I do push it too far but the only people holding me back is my mum and you, because you's are the only people who seem to ever have cared for me throughout my 30 years... I'm sorry and I hope you find happiness in what you want. You deserve it more than anyone I know... goodluck x'

Completely got to me.. I was in tears for the day after reading it, really upset me as I did say some really harsh things like ' your so typical and predictable.. a man who thinks about himself and puts plant before everything else in his life and I wouldn't be bothered with it anymore' was one of the things I said so I thought after a few hours of crying that I'd text and apologise for what I said.
    he replied
    'dont be, I needed a good kick in the teeth'
    I wasn't feeling well so told him that I was going to sleep n said my goodnights. I woke up with the following message on my phone

' Well huni how are you feeling today? Lots better I hope :) look I'm not going to give up on us but for you , if you want to hate me or if it would help you move on then do it. If being friends is even to hard then ill stop but I want you to say the words one last time. We know a lot about each other and have been through a lot together and talking about it has certainly helped me. In all my years of the hole dating thing I've never opened up so much and I do think the world of you, I've been up all night because I haven't stopped thinking about you. Can we give it one last chance? I love you Lu. X x'

tears again.. I don't know what to do.. I'm stuck for a decision. I want to go for it but I'm scared in case I take the chance and get torn up again, get the chance threw back in my facee.. I guess I just need advise. Do you think he's being genuine or messing with my head?
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2010, 07:13 PM

It seems like he went from argumentative, to desperatly trying to "charm" you and "convince" you to get back with him by calling you pet names and basically saying, "yeah you're right." The truth is... you are right! This guy hurt you in the past, I wouldn't take a chance. It seems like a decent, long-lasting relationship isn't about to hold up when it's drowning in so much drama! And now, not only have you been hurt by him in the past that you currently will have to deal with, if you decide to start a relationship with him, you would have to pretty much ignore the fact that he sent an inappropriate text message to one of your friends.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 5, 2010, 07:43 PM

Now you know what No Contact is all about!The more you talk to him, the more confused you get.

Let me know when you have had enough, and figure out what you want. Then maybe you will listen to the advice you have already gotten.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search