Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soccer4lyfe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2009, 09:58 AM
    Bad to drop out?
    Is it bad to drop out of high school ?
    Even if your under so much stress and pressure with all the work and tests and homework, and your in all honors.
    Some of the richest people in the world didn't finish school and still succeeded in life. They were very successful.
    But was it worth it?
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Dec 3, 2009, 10:44 AM

Have you tried switching to regular classes? High school shouldn't be so stressful that you would want to drop out. The best thing to do is to talk to your guidance concelor and ask if you can switch out of your honors classes. Tell the concelor that it is getting too hard.

Also I don't think that it is worth it if you decide to drop out. Many people aren't as willing to hire people that don't have a high school diploma. There have been many successful people who have dropped out, but they worked hard to get where they are. High school is only 4 years of your life and it flies by! The best thing to do is to finish. You will done before you know it.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 3, 2009, 11:03 AM

Let me tell you: it is NOT worth dropping out.

Several colleges REQUIRE that you have a high school diploma to enroll--ALL post-secondary education requires it in some states.

Are you a genius? Have you invented something? No?

Then you'll be stuck in a dead-end job (if you can even get THAT) with no chance of advancement whatsoever for the rest of your life with no high school diploma.

I quite frankly think that quitting high school--unless you're ALREADY rich--is the stupidest thing you could possibly do.

Talk to your parents. Talk to your counselor. There are ways to reduce the stress without dropping out of school.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2009, 10:46 AM

Hard as it is, high school is the easier path. Not graduating will create huge barriers to success for you and could very well make it impossible to support yourself adequately. And I don't think a person without a high school education is very datable in today's world, either.

The problem is not that you're in high school, but that they way you are approaching high school is so overly high-pressured. Talk to your counselor and your parents, and figure out ways to alleviate some of that pressure. Do you need every class you are taking or could you drop something? Are all those honors classes really necessary? Pick the ones that are relevant to your plans for college - if you're going to be an engineer, for example, perhaps that honors English class could be changed to a regular English class.

Hang in there - you're almost through finals and will have a holiday break to recharge, then a few more months sprint to summer break and so on. It will pay off.

Take care!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad bad dreams. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a sister who is 3 yrs elder to me. I don't know why but I always get dreams in which she tries to kill me. Once in my dream she paid a driver some money made me sit in a bus and threw me off the cliff.as in the driver jumped out right before I fell from the cliff. Second dream she pushed...

Is this bad? [ 3 Answers ]

Is being 3 dryas late a bad thing.. b/c last month had 31 days.. and I came on the 21st last month.. and this month has 30 days.. and I assumed I was going to come on da 21st again.. but today is the 24th.. is this bad?

Tell me is this bad [ 2 Answers ]

OK over the weekend I was extremely dizzy with sudden blurry vision and I took my blood pressure with 2 different machines and it showed 247/183 and I was having chest pain was that a minor heart attack and should I see my doctor soon

View more questions Search