Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexispatton Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2009, 08:20 AM
    How to remove black hair dye from hair
    To give you a general idea of what my hair has gone threw.. I have been dying my hair ever sense I was in 3rd grade. So I had blonde hair for about 6 years. Then the last year of dying it blonde, I decided to bleach it. I thought my friend new what she was doing, so I left it to her. She left the bleach on my head for 45 min. I asked her if it was too long and she said no. and it was already a fairly light blonde to begin with. The bleach turned my hair completely white my hair was falling out, LITERATLY chunks of my hair was coming out right after I washed all the bleach out. From not only the bleach but from all the other times I dieyed my hair. Then I went to a salon and decided to get low lights, the low lights faded into a super light brown because of the bleach and it began to turn gray, once again from the bleach. I still wanted blonde I HATED brown hair on me at the time. Then I just said screw it ill dye it brown, so I did but the bleach kept on faiding the brown so I dyed it brown 4 times. The 5th time I decided to dye it black thinking that it was going to fade into a dark brown (which is my natural). But I didn't relize that bleach+black makes the black even stronger pigment than what it already is. After I realized that I decided to put a light brown over my black, thinking that the brown would die over all of the black dye and bleach, BAD IDEA instead it just got my roots that were about 3 inches long! Now I currently have my natural hair which is down to almost ware my ears are, then right below my natural hair color is the light brown/now blondish color because I have been trying to fade it , and then after that strip of color is the solid black. I would like to know if there is any remmedies for getting rid of this horrible hair dye disaster! I have looked at anything you could imagine to get rid of all of this hair dye. I want something that will remove all this hair dye as quickly as possible. Its looking better each month but I'm just so impatient! I have looked threw everything like putting tide in your hair,dandruff,hot oil treatments,etc. I use pretty much all the stuff that I just said every once a week for the most part but it's a slow process! And my hair is healthier than it has ever been. In fact its healther than most peoples, espically my natural hair, it looks like it could be on a commercial! I no longer put products in my hair or anything! And I have been getting a trim everymonth so the hair dye goes away quicker as well. And I also get malibue treatments every other month too.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 01:24 PM

Why not try just letting the hair-dye grow out? After all, adding additional chemicals and hair dye will do more bad than good. If it is growing out quickly, just let it grow out to your natural color. If you feel like you can't wait that long, I would contact a professional hair-colorist who may just have some products or ideas to reverse this mess!
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 01:51 PM

Your hair may look healthy, but it is anything but healthy. Hair doesn't heal. It has to be grown out. Let it grow out and go from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove black hair dye questions [ 2 Answers ]

I have dyed my hair black from its original dark brown color. I used a demi permanate colorer IT LOOKS GOTHIC! I need it out; And I'm scared that if I put bleach in it will go white! Does it? And how does this hot oil treatment work, and what does it do? Answers are very very veryyy much...

How to remove the black hair dye? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everybody, I'd like to know if anybody had used the color remover of L'Oreal - Effasol? Is it damaging your hair too much? Thanks

How should I remove the black dye from my hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I was born with naturally black hair, but over the years, I've dyed it several different shades of brown. After a while, I dyed it back to black because I wanted a change. It ended up being way too dark, so then after, I tried dying it back brown twice. The 1st time, it turned reddish, after that...

How to remove black hair dye from hair [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi there I am natalie from the uk and wanted to know if there are any home remedies for removing, or really fading black hair dye from hair, I am naturally red and am about to go on holiday next week to the canaries, and did not want red regrowth, so I am wanting a quick and easy...

How to remove black hair dye [ 4 Answers ]

I need some advice my natural hair color is dark brown. I have about ten years dying my hair black. And I have used bleach before and got it blonde. But bleach damaged my hair. I have my hair black again and want to remove the color without bleach or other damaging chemicals. Please tell me...

View more questions Search