Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2009, 08:02 AM
    Tiger Woods update just released!
    Tell your friends that you saw it first on AskMeHelpDesk! :)
    Attached Images

tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 08:03 AM

She strokes a mean wedge.
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2009, 08:10 AM

And do doubt tiger has a gnarly butt ripping wedgie too!
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Dec 3, 2009, 08:12 AM

From Leno:

Mrs Woods is "19"

A 10 with a 9 iron

G&P
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 08:27 AM

We all know why he is not going to his own tournament this weekend. But I think it was funny that he said he wouldn't play because of his injuries. Like we were suppose to believe that when he won the US open on a broken leg.

Do you think there would be more public outrage over his "Transgressions" if his wife was better known? I never even knew her name until this happened.
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 08:49 AM

Frankly I find the whole story a yawner . Our country spends a lot of time gloating when well known people get knocked down a peg .

The tournament is for the Tiger Woods Foundation which does charitable work with youths . I guess his charitable work will take a hit because he isn't squeeky clean.
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2009, 09:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Frankly I find the whole story a yawner . Our country spends alot of time gloating when well known people get knocked down a peg .

The tournament is for the Tiger Woods Foundation which does charitable work with youths . I guess his charitable work will take a hit because he isn't squeeky clean.
    Yes, my thoughts too! It blows my mind that so much time is spent by the media on this story.

Does anyone really give a !@#$ about it?

Well, I'm sure that the same people who buy gossip magazines are thriving on this story... and the people of the real world don't give a rat's fart about it... is my guess...
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 09:43 AM

I couldn't remember the word before . It's called 'schadenfreude'.
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2009, 10:19 AM

Yep!

... Pleasure from the misfortunes of others.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 04:04 PM

I agree. Tall poppy syndrome is alive and well.

But one obvious question? Why the hell would you cheat when you have her at home.. Frankly I'd never leave the house. :)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2009, 04:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell View Post
    But one obvious question? Why the hell would you cheat when you have her at home.. Frankly I'd never leave the house. :)
    There is old saying:
    “no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her sh!t."
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Dec 3, 2009, 06:06 PM

Does anyone really give a !@#$ about it?
    I've been thinking the same thing this whole week. Every time I go to Yahoo there's a new story about it.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Dec 8, 2009, 04:23 AM
    Frankly I find the whole story a yawner . Our country spends alot of time gloating when well known people get knocked down a peg .The tournament is for the Tiger Woods Foundation which does charitable work with youths . I guess his charitable work will take a hit because he isn't squeeky clean.
    I hope he didn't really pay all that money to those women.
    That could have gone to a good charity instead.

I think that squeeky image Team Tiger put out was a bit too squeeky.
    Now it's working against him.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2009, 05:42 AM

The story is beginning to resemble a Greek tragedy .
    Who'll be my role-model
    Now that my role-model is
    Gone, gone
    He ducked back down the alley
    With some roly-poly little bat-faced girl
    All along, along
    There were incidents and accidents
    There were hints and allegations
    (Paul Simon)

Dec 15, 2009, 02:32 AM
    What amazes me is how this is affecting other pro golfers (paychecks).
    One pro golfer said thanks to Tiger Woods his kids can go to college all paid for. Wow! He really did raise the prize money that much!
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2009, 05:48 AM

Purses quadupled during the time of Woods . Although they don't expect a decline by that amt. I think the PGA is hoping that he rejoins the circuit before they have to negotiate a new television contract.

Dec 15, 2009, 07:12 AM
    Purses quadupled during the time of Woods . Although they don't expect a decline by that amt. I think the PGA is hoping that he rejoins the circuit before they have to negotiate a new television contract.
    Quadupled:eek: whoohoo! One person did all that? Wow!
    When are the negotiations going to take place? Is that when the television networks bid on what PGA major they want to air? Something like that... lol
    What's going to happen if he doesn't comeback by then?
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2009, 08:37 AM
    Read this from CBS
    Perhaps no one is looking forward to Tiger's return more than the sponsors of the San Diego Open, formerly the Buick Open, at Torrey Pines - the first PGA tour event of the year Woods usually attends.

"It is somewhere between 15 to 25 percent additional income from those tournaments that have Tiger versus those that don't," said Tom Wilson of the San Diego Open.

Without Tiger, Torrey Pines stands to lose op to $500,000. The Tiger Effect is profound. When he started playing in 1997, the PGA purses totaled just $70 million. Today they're $270 million. Tiger affects broadcasters, too, including CBS Sports - which airs Torrey Pines, the Masters and 19 other tournaments - and NBC Sports, which broadcasts 10, including the U.S Open.

The year Woods' bad knee kept him away from golf, an average of just 2.4 million viewers tuned into golf tournaments, down almost 50 percent from the year before.

"Tiger Woods has meant ratings on television. Tiger Woods has meant an enormous increase in prize money," Dusek said. "For golf, Tiger basically put big-time golf on the map."
    Woods Leaves PGA in Economic Limbo - CBS Evening News - CBS News

The new TV contract is currently in negotiation.The old contract with television and sponsors expires by the end of 2010.
    Although new stars will emerge on the scene in his absence ,it is unlikely they would have the same franchising impact that Woods has.

My guess is that he misses the spring tournaments but participates in the rest of the majors.

Feb 18, 2010, 08:50 AM
    From TV Bytes.com

Tiger Woods's people have made an announcement: On Friday at 11 a.m. he will conduct a non-press conference!:confused:

Woods is expected to discuss his future plans, and to say something about his "indiscretions,” likely in the gentlemanly terms suitable for the setting, the obscene 77,000-square-foot clubhouse, with its baronial fireplaces and framed artwork, of the TPC Sawgrass, at the PGA Tour's headquarters in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.

Woods's agent, Mark Steinberg of IMG — yep, still on the scene — told the AP that "a small group of friends, colleagues and close associates” will join Woods, and that a half-dozen reporters will be allowed to attend the non-press conference. But there will be no questions.

Tiger Woods is a world-class control freak, and in his re-entry into public life which has showered him with wealth and opportunities and trappings that we can only imagine — he is picking up right where he left off. He controls all. He's the same way with his golf ball. He tells it exactly what he wants it to do.

A guess is that Tiger is very angry. Angry at the National Enquirer for breaking the story of his infidelity. Angry at NBC — one of the Tour's most reliable media partners! — for trotting out one of his babes on the Today show with golf buff Matt Lauer. Angry at the mainstream golf press for writing oh-that-Tiger-is-a-fraud stories.

(Yes, it's possible that he'll do something totally radical, announce his retirement or something like that. But would he go to PGA Tour HQ to do it? Doubtful.)

And you know what he'll do with that anger? He'll take it out on his golf ball, whether he's at Arnold Palmer's tournament at Bay Hill in March, the Masters in April, the Players in May, the U.S. Open in June, the British Open in July or the PGA Championship in August. Come September, when the American Ryder Cup team jets off to Wales for a nothing-but-pride team competition? The guess here is he'll be back on hiatus. Of those tournaments how many could he win? Pick a number between one and five.

Another guess is that Woods will do everything he possibly can to keep his marriage to Elin, and to keep his young son and daughter all under one roof. Woods reportedly spent nearly half of his three months in seclusion in a clinic in Hattiesburg, Miss. that specializes in sex addiction. Like other world-class athletes — the elites of the elite — Woods never acknowledges any vulnerabilities. It seems unthinkable that he would actually consider himself to be a sex addict. What is realistic is that he would spend five weeks or so in therapy because his wife felt that was a necessary starting point to reclaiming their marriage.

One more guess for what Woods might say at his non-press conference on Friday, in front of his small group of friends, colleagues, close associates — and the half-dozen seen-but-not-heard reporters He will be seriously cutting back on his off-course activities. (Note to self: Avoid bad joke here.) Some sponsors have cut him loose or reduced his role. Woods will take that in stride and devote more time to his family and to his foundation. The most impressive thing Woods ever said came in 2006, at the opening of the Tiger Woods Learning Center in Anaheim, near his boyhood home. He called it the single most important thing he'd ever done. Bill Clinton was standing at his side. Clinton got his second act. Woods will, too. He'll win tournaments, money will come flowing in again and everybody will feel good.

But in the meantime, he's getting off on the weakest of notes, with this non-press conference in a ridiculous palace that pays homage to all the excessiveness Tiger's gaudy Phase I brought. On his first step back, he's showing that he has all the cards, and you and I and all the people who like golf and are fascinated by what he's done in the game, well, we have none. Don't blame Steinberg for this move and don't blame the high-priced polo shirts at the PGA Tour. This move has Tiger Woods written all over it.

Arnold Palmer played for his fans, but Woods never has, and nothing's likely to change. It's arrogant and offputting, the whole idea of this most public of people, one of the best known faces in the world, stepping back into public life without taking so much as a question.

It's also brilliant. He's reminding us, and his opponents, too: he's still in charge.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 09:39 AM

You do of course know why he would not subject himself to questioning...

Tiger ...what hole are you on now ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Block a Single Windows Update with Auto-Update Enabled [ 7 Answers ]

One of the Windows updates sent out on 10/13/09 caused a problem on my XP system (very, very slow operation of all functions). After a System Restore to a date prior to the update download, the problem was gone. After another Auto-Update, the problem returned. I know I can update...

Window vista update (KB968389) is a bad update, how can I update my vista? [ 2 Answers ]

August 11, 2009 window vista update KB968389 is a bad update for my computer. After trying to install it, my configuration only gets to 3 out of 3 and 0% then keeps on restarting over and over. It won't stop restarting unless I turn my computer off. I had to do a restore to my drives to get it...

How to update AVG antivirus Update to computer,which is not connect with internet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Computer (No.A) is connected with internet. So I can get the update automatically. But, Computer (No.B, and No.C ) is not connect with internet. But we use the flash Drive and 3 1/2 Floppy disk. Without antivirus software, No.B & C can get the virus. Already having the antivirus software...

Tiger Woods [ 4 Answers ]

Coming off his incredible win in the U.S. Open, Tiger Woods, sadly, will have to skip the rest of the 2008 season to have ACL surgery. For him to miss the British Open and the PGA Championship, you know he must be in real pain. ESPN reports: Early in Tiger's career, there was some...

View more questions Search