Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chameleon24 Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

Dec 2, 2009, 09:38 PM
    OrthoTriCyclene Lo. Same time every day?
    I started taking this pill back in '07. I took a short break with it for a few months then started up again a little over a year ago. I've never had any problems with it. I was wondering though... how important and precise to 'taking it the same time every day' does it have to be? I always sort of thought they said that so a person wouldn't forget.

I've never missed a pill. My schedule is a little weird though since I work nightshift. I wake up at 11am for class and that's when I take it. On weekends or days I have off from class I sleep in but set my alarm for 11am so I can take my pill, then go back to sleep. So I try to stay really good about taking it at the same time every day. Not often but every now and then you have those days when I'm off work and have to get up early the next day like at 8 or something. I take it after I get up when I'm getting ready because if I wait until 11 I am afraid I might forget.
    So I just wondered if this is a big deal or not. Also, if I go visit the other side of the country should I take the time change into consideration when taking my pills?

Sorry if I sound paranoid about this little thing lol, I just like to be as careful as possible with these things and read recently that they have to be "within every 24 hrs" so I thought I'd ask.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 01:28 PM

When I took Ortho TriCyclene Lo my doctor said that it should be taken everyday at the same general time. This could mean suppertime, bedtime, morning, etc. But she said it should be taken within a certain timeframe. I don't know the significance of it, but if you're a couple hours off, I wouldn't worry, just as long as it's in the same general time frame.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Last day of work this week. [ 4 Answers ]

I have accepted another position and my last day of work is Friday. I have about 15 co workers and boss. I work in a mental health agency in a school setting. So I have my coworkers and a school full of teaches and admin. My questions is... what is appropriate when leaving? I feel like I want...

Pay day [ 1 Answers ]

Cvs share is $ 31.00 I believe I have 181.7936 shares so how much money is that

Married on same day [ 5 Answers ]

Will I be able to get married on the day my divorce will be final

Continuance on first day of trial [ 2 Answers ]

Tomorrow I start a criminal trial. I feel as though my public defender has giving me false hope with regards to my case,and she has not considered my defense competently. Can I ask for a continuance?

BCP: Switching from OrthoTricyclene Lo to Seasonale [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: I started taking Orthotricyclene Lo just last month and have finished my pack just last week. My period came and gone the last week I was on the placebo pills on Ortho. Finished the Ortho pills on a Saturday, and started a new pack of SEASONALE the day after (Sunday start). I'm 5 days...

View more questions Search