Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2009, 01:11 PM
    Very confused, stop all contact or continue?
    Hi all,

Since this is my first post let me introduce myself. I am Hristian from Croatia and I am 18 years of age. Well my problem is the following. I dated a girl for a month, I liked her very much (the first one I treated very very well) but we broke up. The reason was that she was just out of a long relationship and that she never expected that she will end up with an other boyfriend. So when we broke up we stayed friends and continued dating/seeing each other but I still had my feelings for her(even asked her for prom: she said yes). One moment I thought it would be stupid to continue getting hurted, I told her the truth, didn't spoke for a while but after a few weeks we kind of missed each other and started seeing each other again(this time no deep feelings). Now she told me that she is seeing an other guy(no hard feelings) and that we will be just friends. So now I am really confused... What to do now? (I still like this girl, but not that much to adore or almost love her ;) )

Thanks in advance,

DB

p.s. from previous experience: just friends doesn't have to mean not seeing each other
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 2, 2009, 01:24 PM

Sounds like you were used for a prom date. Leave her alone, and explore other options, and opportunities, and realize friends don't have to work hard to pursue friendships, and since she has a boyfriend again, give her space to enjoy him.

I hope she isn't the only friend you have because if it is, you really need to change that fast.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 01:26 PM

It is odd that she broke up with you because she just got out of a serious relationship and couldn't see herself with another guy, and now she is interested in someone else? You need to leave their relationship alone. At this point, contacting her while she has a boyfriend can potentially cause problems between everyone involved. The last thing you want to do is pose a threat to her and her boyfriend.
    As far as her boyfriend goes, it is okay for a man to limit contact that his girlfriend has with her ex's for the integrity of the relationship, and protecting one another against past feelings or the temptation to unfaithfull.

If you want to remain friends, you need to give yourself a long time of no contact with her in order to heal. (I would say no contact whatsoever, but the break up seems like it was pretty much mutual, and not so traumatic.)

Dec 2, 2009, 01:49 PM

I saw there was a misunderstanding, sorry for my bad english :P
    Extra info:
    -Prom is yet to come
    -The new guy is not her boyfriend but just some random guy she is seeing at the moment (like I was when I met her ;) )
    -I am not threatening anybody, would go away otherwise (am confused, not creepy :P )
    -Got a lot of friends, no worries about that

My concern is: What is my position? Will I still be a bootycall/weekendromance or will I lose her (like not seeing her anymore in private )
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 01:54 PM

Don't be a weekend romance. You can easily get wrapped up in those feelings that will plague you for the rest of your life. If she is having "interests" in other guys, hanging out with her privatly probably isn't the best idea. If you think that it would do no harm, make the choice to only hang out with her in group situations. No more one-on-one.

Dec 2, 2009, 02:37 PM

Thank you very much for your advice!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 2, 2009, 02:41 PM

Put it like this, I doubt you go to the prom with her, so look around for your own date.

Booty call?? Don't make me laugh and really embarrass you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex and I broke up, but I'm not sure if I should continue contact with her? [ 9 Answers ]

What happened was that we were together for about 4-5 months and we never really had any issues other than the fact that I asked her at one point if she still had feelings for her ex and her response to me was yes and that she as unsure as to how far those feelings went. From there, I asked her if...

Boyfriend says confused about ex but still wants contact with me. [ 4 Answers ]

I met this guy a year ago, he admitted he had girlfriend of 2 1/2 years. Our relationship started just talking over the phone and we realized we were compatible, and had a lot in common. Over the months we talked a lot on the phone and see each other every now and then, but somehow in the process I...

I'm confused as to whether I should continue communication? [ 6 Answers ]

Long story short: he is literally the best looking man on earth. He's a 28 year-old gentleman and veryyy smart. My friends even said he's the best looking guy they've possibly ever seen. Words can't even describe his perfection... he's almost too good to be true. So I find it very strange...

He's in love with someone else, don't know if I should stop all contact to get over him [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, really hope you can help me. I knew this guy when I was in college (just as an acquaintance). He moved to another country for work. We got in touch online and hve chatted a lot of times. I really started to like him, I mean really really like him but I thot I'd tell him when he came down,...

X Girlfriend is Back in Contact - CONFUSED what do I do? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so I went 8 months with no contact with a woman who broke up with me after 2 years of dating with no fights biggest problem was a long distance commute of 4 hours that we neither of us could do anything about at the time and her desire to move to a different part of the country. So she broke...

View more questions Search