Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsHepp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2009, 07:39 AM
    Pool care in freezing weather
    We purchased a property which has an in-ground pool, so we are new to pool care. If it gets below freezing, do we need to run the pump continuously? Any other precautions we need to take if it freezes?

Thanks!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 2, 2009, 05:57 PM

Where do you live, is the pool concrete or fiber glass?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weather-what is the difference between sleet and freezing rain? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between sleet and freezing rain?

Inground pool pipes may have damage from freezing [ 2 Answers ]

In December, our area had many days of freezing temperatures. We had turned off our filter and forgot it was off when the outdoor temperature went below freezing. I turned on the filter and no pressure registered on the gauge, and then water started spraying out of the pipe seams in the pool...

Refrigerator freezing things and freezer barely freezing items [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Maytag MFF2557HEW, French doors on top and Freezer on bottom. We have freezer set at 7 and refrigerator set at 1. We cannot use veggie drawers because it freezes everything in them. We have to put all veggies and fruits on the shelves. Ice cream remains soft in the freezer, but meats...

After cement patch, can I paint inground pool walls and not use a pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Existing pool liner has come off (bought home with pool as is) cement patches needed. I want to just paint the cement and fill the pool. Is that doable, or do I need the pool liner.

Garden Hose Left Hooked Up Outside in Freezing Weather [ 2 Answers ]

I saw today that our garden hose was hooked up to the outdoor faucet even though there is several inches of snow on the ground. So I thought I better unhook it. I had to run a quick errand so I asked my wife to look up a way to remove a frozen hose. I came back and she had poured hot water...

View more questions Search