Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    data1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2009, 07:15 AM
    Can dark red brown be dyed to a light ash brown
    My hair is naturally very dark brown, I dyed it a dark red. Now after about 4 month it is a dark reddish brown and I want to know if I can dye it a light ash brown or do I have to wait until my hair fully grows out (short hair).
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 08:46 AM

No.

Haircolors "add" to each other. It's not like painting a wall. Also, lighter dyes won't lighten the artificial pigment that darker dyes put into the hair.

You'll need to remove the artificial pigment first. There are many color removers on the market: ColorFix, Color Oops, Color Zap, Igora Phantom, etc. Once you've removed the artificial pigment, you can proceed to dye it the color you want.
    belinda36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2011, 06:09 AM
    I have dyed my hair to blond it came out orange then put I light brown on it now its ginner I want to do blond

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyed dark brown/black hair .want super light blonde again [ 18 Answers ]

I got to vent here... please bear with me... My natural hair color is a medium-dark brown, it is long, about mid-way down my back. I had it platinum blonde for a long time via double-process, then about a year ago my fiancée convinced me to have it done dark brown/black mix because he liked...

Can I dye my hair a light brown the day after I died it dark brown/blackish? [ 1 Answers ]

Alrighty, so I died my hair a dark brown, and it kind of came out black. So I would like to go back to a lighter brown but still dark. Can I do that today? I have a business thing tomorrow and would rather I did not have this hair colour?? HELP!! :confused:

Dying my dark brown hair light brown. [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like some advice on dying my dark brown hair light brown. I dyed it myself few years ago a light ash brown and it turned red :eek: After that I had my hair stylist put blonde high lights in it to cover gray. Now that the highlights aren't covering the gray, I'd like to dye my hair light brown....

Dark blonde/light brown to dark brown hair [ 3 Answers ]

Hey! My hair color is dark blond or a really light brown.. I-m not sure and I want to dye it dark brown? Is it safe? Or will I be getting a reddish color after a few washes? My natural hair is light brown but I dyed it.. a medium chocolate the stylist said but it really turned out to be a blondish...

From Dark Blonde to Dark Brown back to Light Brown [ 1 Answers ]

I recently lightened my already color-treated brown hair to a dark blonde color. I decided it looked unnatural and decided to dye it back brown. I picked up a light brown dye from the local beauty supply store and it came out way darker than I wanted or expected with a hint of green, and now I...

View more questions Search