Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    herzyczek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2009, 05:51 AM
    Car ownership vs registration
    Owner of the car & person whose name is on the registration documents - is there any difference between those two issues OR the person whose name is on the registration documents of the car is the owner? What the law says about that?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2009, 07:15 AM

Hello h:

The title says who owns it, and the registration says the same thing.. If yours doesn't, something is wrong, and somebody didn't do what they were supposed to do when they bought it...

Therefore, it's hard to say who owns it, and who can sell it. If you want to FIX it, you're going to have to tell us who bought the car, when, and what did the title and registration say back then.

Apparently somebody failed to property register the car some time or other, and you're going to have to fix that.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone donate me a car [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm a 29 year old single parent with 2 little kids 1 1years old the other one is 5 years old I'm currently in school and works I have to catch the bus in the cold to take my son to school and my little girl to daycare and then I go to school and I can't go back to work until I get another...

Car accident -driver in front put her car in reverse and smashed me [ 2 Answers ]

I was sitting in my car at a red light. Traffic was heavy-ish. Suddenly- very suddenly and out of nowhere my car and the car in front of me collided with an enormous impact. I was stunned. I was shocked and confused. Prior to impact my car was absolutely stationary! My chest area ( heart) ,...

Car pulls when ac is on [ 2 Answers ]

So I have a 93 honda del sol and every time I turn on the ac I notice the loss of power and my car starts to pull why does it do that? Thank you

My car coughs! Why? [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Grand Prix GT with a 3800 series 2 motor. When the temp reaches between 195 to 210 at idel it will flutter or cough, and about 1 out of every 10 of those flutters or coughs it will die. I have tried what I believe is to be just about everything, but am looking for help in solving this...

Month Registration sticker doen't match DMV registration date [ 1 Answers ]

So, My husband was driving our almost dead car today and got pulled over. The officer ticketed him because the Month registration sticker on the license plate doesn't match the registration month at the DMV. I had noticed this before but hadn't thought much of it, but now the police think we...

View more questions Search