Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teressa55 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 08:46 PM
    Writ of execution money judgement
    I just received a copy of Writ of execution (money judgement) today in the mail that was filed in court on Nov. 4, 2009. My bank account debit card was denied. What do I need to do to get this resolved. I'm currently unemployed with now no money what so ever. Do I go down to the court tomorrow? Do I try to get an attorney and get help with no money? I need help. This judgement is for back HOA dues that I do not have. I am currently no living in the condo, and living with my son. I need som advise.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 1, 2009, 08:59 PM

Sorry no real advice,

Assuming you were notified of the court hearing ( or there was legal notice given) and the court action was legal, they can take all the money from your checking account. ( also any checks that are out and not cleared will now bounce when they come back.

They may also garnish your pay in many US states.

The fact of what it was for does not matter
    The fact of not living in that home does not matter.

They don't care you are unemployeed

Dec 1, 2009, 09:11 PM

What should I do? So I can get this resolved. I need help

Dec 1, 2009, 10:14 PM

Can they garnish my unemployment? Should I go and appeal this judgment?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between Writ of Possession and Writ of Execution [ 4 Answers ]

My question: What is the difference between a Writ of Possession and a Writ of Execution?

Writ of execution [ 2 Answers ]

Is there anyway to handle a writ of execution without an attorney?

Writ of execution [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I received a write of execution for an unpaid credit card. They froze my bank account and have since taken the money out. I still owe 2800.00 I have a mortgage on my home of 45,000 and my car a loan balance of 26,000. What will there next step be?? And can they keep freezing my checking...

California Writ of Execution (money judgement) [ 2 Answers ]

I owed American Express 8000 and was unable to pay. They sued me and got a Judgment for 11,000 which includes legal fees and interests. Yesterday I went to get Gas and my debit card was denied. Called the bamk. My Bamk Account was 10,000 negative after taking the 1700 cash I already had in it....

View more questions Search