Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richemer Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 08:21 PM
    My sound won't work, got a code 10
    My sound system on my desktop won't work, code 10. I had downloaded some programs, I tried a few system restores and they all came back incomplete. I am using xp pro
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 09:54 PM

Right click on the sound device where you are getting error 10 and choose uninstall and OK
    -restart the computer and go back to see if same result

If same thing, post what sound driver you have listed there in device mgr.
    -should just need to resintall the driver
    richemer Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2009, 10:41 PM

Thanks for your help. I tried the device manager, uninstall and install and it didn't work. I tried all the things that Microsoft suggested and still nothing. I tried Dell and that was no help. I then went to my program files and found the folder and an install.exe and that did the trick. It was funny, while I couldn't get sound, I could copy to a DVD and play it on a DVD player and it worked okay. Now it works on my PC too. Thanks for responding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sound don't work on XP [ 1 Answers ]

No application/software was installed but sound stopped working on my XP PC

Sound doesn't work on TV but does on DVD [ 1 Answers ]

When we play a DVD, the sound on our Sony TV works, but when we try to just listen to the actual cable TV, we get no sound. Any ideas how to fix this, it was just working yesterday...

Sound doesn't work just installed xp from vista PC [ 1 Answers ]

I installed xp from a vista computer I bought and I can't get the sound to work:mad:

Old Code, New Work [ 3 Answers ]

Let's assume I begin working on something in my home that was at or above code when it was installed, but I need to make some changes or upgrades. For example, let's say that what used to require 14 gauge wire now requires 12 gauge wire. If I decide to work on this circuit, do I need to upgrade...

View more questions Search