Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ConsoleMaster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2003, 03:24 AM
    Respond ASAP! Motion.
    A motorbike is moving at 21.3 m/s when the rider applies the brakes, causing the motorbike to slow down at a constant rate. During the 3.00-s interval immediately after braking begins, the speed decreases to half its starting value. What distance does the motorbike travel from the instant braking begins until it comes to rest?
    CommDweeb Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Feb 20, 2003, 02:37 PM
    Respond ASAP! Motion.
    First determine the rate of deceleration.

If the speed decreases by 1/2 from 21.3 mertes/second in 3 seconds, the rate of deceleration is 3.55 mertes/second. This can be verified by multiplying acceleration by 6 seconds, and this does indeed yield 21.3.

D = t^2 * a / 2, where d is distance, t is time, and a is acceleration.

To get the distance traveled while decelerating, you subtract the distance it takes to accelerate to 10.65 meters/second (d1) from the distance it takes to accelerate to 21.3 meters/second (d2)

D1 = 9 * 3.55/2 = 15.975 meters
    D2 = 36 * 3.55/2 = 63.9 meters

The answer is d2 - d1 = 47.925 meters ;D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I respond to her? [ 4 Answers ]

OK, I want to get back together with my ex. I want to reply to her email but am not sure why she's telling me these things. Here are some parts from her email to me: "I have been going through a lot myself lately i havent really been talkative with anyone lately. My problems are my own making...

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

How to respond... [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: So, I posted a couple weeks ago, if that, about a relationship I was just getting out of. I was having a really hard time with deciding whether to give him another chance and decided that it would be a good idea to stay moved out and go from there. He has still been pursuing me (ie...

Should I believe him?I need advice fast please respond [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend brokeup about 3 months ago and after we broke up whenever he saw me he would just stare at me and one time he almost wreaked his bike looking at me when I drive by in the car. And all mine and his friends say he still loves me.the other day his best friend imed me and asked me...

TV turns on but doesn't respond [ 3 Answers ]

Help please, I'm able to turn on my TV but there is no sound and I can't change channels. The TV menu doesn't appear and it won't switch to video. Any ideas?

View more questions Search