Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    111barbie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 12:24 PM
    Why did my boyfriend cheat with exwife after we have been together 4yrs
    First 2ys, it was good it seemed around holidays I would have trouble with him Thanksgiving especially. After 2yrs. His son was graduating high school. Now she is present but I expected that, however coming around with short shorts on. I felt like I was watching a bad movie. Its not looks believe me but history does play a key role in any relationship. I felt he was attracted to her we started having fights he started them. Everything was going wrong so I stayed completely away to see if he would come to his senses. Ha! He called me up and asked me if I WAS COMING TO HIS SONS GRADUATION AFTER ALL HIS SON INVITED ME TO COME AND SEE HIM. HIS SON AND I GOT ALONG GREAT. I WENT BUT HE WAS COLD AND DISTANT. THE EX WAS THERE SOMEWHERE IN THE CROWD WATCHING ME AND HIM NO DOUBT. I WENT FOR THE KID . HIS MOTHER AND I GET ALONG GREAT in fact all of his friends like me according to him she wouldn't have anything to do with them. His mother and her don't talk due to a fight they had between them years ago.Anyhow time goes on it was a on again off again relationship. When we would have a disagreement he would stay mad 2 weeks at a time never call then call. I got sick of this behavior started doing it to him. Anyhow I have always felt something was going on I couldn't shake it my suspicion were right I found out he slept with her. He doesn't want her back the marriage was a joke they never did things together the kids all stayed with him they didn't want to go and live with her. Two girls one boy. Ages then 20 17 15 now 17 20 24.
    Any way he want me to put it all behind me and give him another chance. I really loved this guy but now I feel I don't know what to do he ex lives not very far from him . I told him to confront her in front of me and let put it on the line. No one else knows he did this but I feel they should. He called me wanting to get together to talk about it. During conversation he mentioned he would do anything Even put a sign on yourself in your part of town where I know everyone would see him because he is well known I might call the media. He said something that surprised me he said if this would solve it he would do it. But would that solve it or just get back at him. I would like to get back at him. My question would be would he cheat again would he really do this thing with a sign. All reply appreciated.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 12:49 PM

Anyone who cheats once is certainly capable of cheating again. Anyone who has never cheated, is also capable of cheating. Nobody is immune to the temptation to cheat... If you really, truly love the person you are with, you will put up with not touching or flirting with that smokin' hot guy or girl, for the sake of your current relationship. For this man you talk about, he put your relationship on the line, and completely broke trust, so that he could sleep with his ex. A man that cares THAT much about your relationship isn't worth much.

It isn't right of you though to want to humiliate him or expect him to announce anything. How can you ever trust him again? A relationship without trust won't work. He made his bed let him lie in it, but don't make things worse on him by "trying to get back at him" or "get revenge" this is simply immature, and unnecessary.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 1, 2009, 04:02 PM

Forget the revenge, as the trust is broken, and your just not ready to forgive him, even if you can never forget. The best revenge is to get beyond this, and him, and get a life without him, your happy with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did I Cheat because my boyfriend never wants sex? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello I am riddled with guilt around cheating on my boyfriend. We had an argument because he wouldn't come out with me for my best friends birthday because he would rather sit in smoking weed. I got drunk and kissed a guy and he touched my breasts and private parts in my knickers. I wouldn't...

When your boyfriend threatens to cheat is he jealous? [ 9 Answers ]

When your boyfriend threatens to cheator threatens with anything he can think of is he jealous?

Did I emotionally cheat on my boyfriend? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together since September 2007. We've known each other since 2005, work together, and have always been good friends. As friends, we both felt a spiritual connection to each other. We loved being around each other and just talking, and we missed each other when we were...

4yrs. Ago they were mean to me.. [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I graduated from junior high four years ago and there were someguys that they used to make fun of me and they didn't like me, because I wasn't in their "group". Now four years they are, well they want to talk to me, four of the guys likes me and I don't know what to do, should I talk to...

View more questions Search