Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tpolwort Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 12:17 PM
    tan(x)/sec(x) + cot(x)/csc(x) =sin(x)+cos(x)
    I have a couple problems I cannot solve, please help me!

1. tan(x)/sec(x) + cot(x)/csc(x) =sin(x)+cos(x)

2 (1-tan(x))^2 = sec^2(x) - 2tan(x)

3. sin(x)/csc(x)-1 + sin(x)/csc(x)+1 = 2tan^2(x)

4. sin(x)[sec(x)-csc(x)] = tan(x)-1
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 01:27 PM

Most of these types of things can be solved if you remember these definitions and identifies:

(1)

(2)

(3)

(4)

(5)

In addition to those, you sometimes need to look up double-angle formulas and a few similar things.

I'll do #1. You try the others.

substituting from #2, #3, #4, and #5:

qed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Christian living in willfull sin [ 10 Answers ]

if I live willfully in sin will I still go to heaven,My Name is Maggie and I`M having trouble finding Answer to this question.I been searching GOD`S WORD and find answers BY Experts whichhaveme now Confused.GOD says not to commit Audultry,HE also says because He knows are desires (flesh,sexual)we...

Bryant furnace fan cycles on 1 or 2 times for 2 or 3 sec. After heat cycle has ended [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Bryant furnace Mod. #394GAD024050 and after the temp has reached the set point and the furnace has cycled off the fan will come back on a couple of times for approx. 2 or 3 seconds. In the older furnaces with a machanical fan/limit switch some times the temp would creep up and cause the...

Refrig sec freezes Kenmore? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore model #106.74206400 that keeps freezing in frig section. Tried the self diagnostics, and Thermistor for both freezer/frig passed. When it came to damper test it showed a closed condition. But cold air is coming through to frig. I disassembled the control bd down to air damper motor...

What is this small (2.5 mm) insect, tan/gray, dust/pollen-like camouflage [ 4 Answers ]

This is a small insect I have seen twice in my house (near Ottawa, Canada). Once in the cool basement and once in the kitchen. It is about 2.5 mm long, seems to have six legs, fairly long antennae, is a kind of tan-and-gray mottled dusty color, and seems to be camouflaged to look like a bit of...

Origins and consequences of 'original sin' [ 9 Answers ]

the christian religion believes that all human beings are flawed due to adam and eve's choice to eat the fruit of knowledge. That 'original sin' makes it impossible for humans to lead a sinless life. what if there was a people not descended of adam and eve? Would they still be subject to...

View more questions Search