Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KrisP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 11:46 AM
    Explaining biological dads
    How do you explain to a 3 /12 year old about her dad that is not involved in her life at all? She has been beginning to ask questions about "Daddy" We don't know how much to tell her.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 1, 2009, 11:49 AM

Let her know that her daddy is somewhere else and can't be with her right now.

She probably isn't going to understand much more than that right now. You can add more detail as she gets older and better able to understand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spacetime curvature explaining gravity [ 7 Answers ]

OK. I understand the principle of equivalence between acceleration and gravity's effect on an object, I understand the notion that space and time are both curved near massive bodies. I understand that Newton's idea of the attraction of bodies works fine except for motions near the speed of light,...

Acceleration explaining [ 2 Answers ]

Analyze the motion of a rock dropped in water in term of its speed and acceleration. Assume that a resistive force acting on a rock increases as the velocity increases? please help... I don't understand this =[ A sky diver falls through the air. As the speed if the sky diver increases, whtat...

Explaining Net Profit [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I work for a Sales company. And we pay our managers a bonus of 10% on the net profit of their divisions. (Accrual Accounting... and corporate costs are allocated to the divisions). But they are not accounting oriented people, so one of their problems understanding is if they get paid...

Explaining Telecommunications [ 2 Answers ]

What would you say to someone who is not technically savvy in order to explain how a general model of telecommunications works?

Divorce, relocation, and explaining it to child [ 2 Answers ]

My husband told me this week that he would like to file for divorce. This is unexpected to me as I thought we were 'working' on our marriage. He is scheduled to move across the united states January 1 for a new position within his company and we have a 3 year old son together (he will be 4 in...

View more questions Search