Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madoxe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 10:19 AM
    Compression fitting adapters
    Can compreesion fittings be used to adapt copper pipe to cpvc?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2009, 11:13 AM

No, but gatorbite ans Sharkbite fitings can.

When joining copper to CPVC the recommended preactice is to solder a copper female adapter on the copper side and use CPVC male adapter on the CPVC side. You want the side with the threaded hole to be on the copper side.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compression Fitting Leaking: [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Tried to search, but didn't see an answer: I removed an old compression fitting from a 1/2" copper tube, and cut the tube using a tube cutter. It was a pretty old tube, so it had some crud on the outside. I sanded it down with some 100 grain sand paper and then tried to fit it with a...

Compression fitting [ 1 Answers ]

My stand up drain for my washer comes to a Y at the top actually it has a fitting at the top I think whoever put it in uses it as a vent.but if I want to install a compression fitting at the top so my drain hose from the washer fits tight in it so it doesn't blow out water will I still need that Y...

Compression Fitting [ 28 Answers ]

I had a plumber do a rough-in for our new kitchen sink, including installation of the shut off valves, so that all I'd have to do was install the flexible hoses. Turns out, the sink we ended up with was deeper than we had anticipated AND we decided to go with a faucet that mounts on the side,...

Remove PVC Compression Fitting [ 3 Answers ]

How can you remove pvc 1/2" tubing from compression fittings?

Compression Fitting Assistance [ 1 Answers ]

Tom, Exactly how does the hose from the washing machine fit in to the compression fitting? I bought a compression fitting today but when I put the hose from the washing machine in to it, it's not tight. The supply house gave me 3 different rubber washers but none are tight. Am I doing something...

View more questions Search