Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ganeshpadiyar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 06:04 AM
    How to reduce creatinine in blood
    Based on blood test report of my mother creatinine level is very high 8.5 , and my mother age is 67 years, and doctor is suggesting for dialysis , kindly suggest
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 1, 2009, 06:12 AM

If her doctor wants to do dialysis, then I would go with that, as he probably sees no alternative. Her kidneys are probably already damaged.

You have written here before, and I do believe you got the same answers then. Does your mother have diabetes ?

Tick
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2010, 05:52 PM

She really needs dialysis ASAP.

My Dad has high creatinine too. He hasn't started dialysis yet, but has been hospitalzed many times to get IV fluids to help bring the levels down.

Be sure your Mom drinks lots and lots of fluids and get her dialysis started soon.
    ayesha_ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2011, 08:57 AM
    With reference to Devorameira's answer, some kidney patients are instructed to limit fluid intake at ESRD because kidneys are unable to excrete the fluid out resulting in ankle edema.. and eventually pulmonary edema even.
    Wishing good health to everybody...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can reduce Creatinine level in blood [ 16 Answers ]

Dear any Nephrologist member, Am Kumar 37 years, Male. Recently I noticed my Creatinine level is increasing from 1.3 to 1.52. Am HT past 8 years and under medication. How can reduce creatinine? What will be harmful to my health? Some calcium deposits find in my Kidney also. Your early answer...

How to reduce Creatinine [ 3 Answers ]

Can any body help me out to find out the ways to reduce creatinine??

How to reduce creatinine and urea level [ 10 Answers ]

Dear Sir, My father is a diabetic. He is 62 years old. His sugar levels are usually controlled. Recently he was admitted in the hospital (he fainted, had breathing problem as he did not take his blood pressure medicine for 7 days while travelling). Doctor told he has kidney problem. His urea...

Using creatine - how to reduce / counteract creatinine ? [ 6 Answers ]

I have gone through the threads in both Fitness and Nutrition and there are some references to these substances. However, there isn't much info on how to reduce the effects of consuming creatine. It is known that when creatinine is present in our urine, it indicates some inefficiency in the...

View more questions Search