Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LukeB0XX Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 09:23 PM
    My hamster is shaking and having problems walking
    My hamster is shaking and having problems walking. She was completely fine this morning. She is about 2 years old and her name is Ella. I have no idea if its from this morning because my mom let her in her ball while I was sleeping and when I came down she was on the heat register. The ball wasn't very warm so she couldn't have been on for more than a couple of minutes, 7mins tops I'm guessing. But I checked to see if she was OK after and she was perfectly fine. She ate a bit of food this morning but she wasn't doing this earlier and after watching her for a while now she went back into her house. My mom JUST came in and said she's calmed down quite a bit.

Please Help!

Thanks!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 30, 2009, 10:04 PM

At two years of age your hamster is no longer young, he's in old age. It could just be that.

Sadly I can't tell you exactly what's going on, there are too many possibilities. You'll need to take hammy to a vet. The sooner the better as hamsters can quickly go from bad to worse.

Good luck.
    LukeB0XX Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    At two years of age your hamster is no longer young, he's in old age. It could just be that.

Sadly I can't tell you exactly what's going on, there are too many possibilities. You'll need to take hammy to a vet. The sooner the better as hamsters can quickly go from bad to worse.

Good luck.

I believe you have answered a question before about my hamster hacing a scar on her back. Thank you for that.
    I checked on her this morning and she's perfectly fine!
    And bringing her to the vet is out of the question because my parents are not willing to spend that much money on a $10 pet. I do have the money but they will not let me use it on that.

Thanks!
    Luke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My hamster has become mean [ 5 Answers ]

My hamster is mean it is a female. And I used to hold her until she bit me. Do you think she will do it again or should I just leave her alone. Or wear a glove.

My hamster [ 7 Answers ]

My hamster seams like he has a sickness. He is shaking is cold, getting thin and doesn't want to eat anything even his favorite foods! WHAT DO I DO!? :(

Pug having major problems: congested(clear), walking, eating, bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I'm hoping someone else has experienced this weird range on symptoms with their pug or similar breed. I'm afraid if the vet or we don't come up with something soon he's not going to make it! 1) we went on a walk (we do 2 x's daily) and about 1/2 way through the Pug laid down and wouldn't...

How do I fix my Hamster! [ 4 Answers ]

How do I fix my hamsters broken front leg. It's not that bad, at least I think so and it looks like his leg normally but instead its much redder than the others and I would like to know what I could to fix it without bringing it to the vet unless I absolutely have to. :(:(

Hamster Qs [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a friend, he says a lot of things... The other day he said a hamster could kill a rat by jumping on its back and biting its neck. This seems a bit silly to me, the largest animal I could find that they eat using Google was locusts. Does this actually happen or is he making things...

View more questions Search