Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flamingo1234 Posts: 75, Reputation: -1

Nov 30, 2009, 07:33 PM
    better woods atv
    OK, let me explain the situation. I am a 12-year-old in CT, where it is illegal to ride quads/ATVs in the woods, but I'm out with my dad, brother, uncle, and cousin every other Sunday. My brother and I are currently on 2007 (me) and 2008 (him) Honda TRX250EXes, and it is by far one of the best quads I've ever ridden. My dad has a TRX450R, and we DOMINATE over my relitives who have 300 & 700 POLARIS Sportsmans. We are constantly whooping them on the trails, in the mud, and on tracks.
    Now on to the question. I am quickly outgrowing my 250EX, not in terms of size but in performance. I am pushing the rev limiter in fourth & fifth gears in my own yard (4 acres). Now, I am looking into getting a new quad in the summer. I've narrowed it down to two choises, the trusty, reliable, heafty TRX300X, or the small, nimble (Yamaha) Raptor 250. I know they both have clutches, wich I am very fluent with (CRF80F, ridden every day for 2 1/2 years, ALWAYS use it on my TRX). My two main problems are: 1.) Which quad will work better in the woods. I ride (jump) over 1-2 foot high logs, and go through 15-foot-long mud puddles with ease on my Honda, but am worried a Yamaha can't do the same. I will be keeping them mainly stock except for new Holeshots on the rear. 2.) Will I like the Yamaha? I've been on/around Hondas my whole life, and always been told they where the best. But my dad's girlfriend's dad, who owns a HONDA dealership (Mikey Finn's, CT), said Honda's and Yamaha's where about the same in terms of reliability (said POLARIS was the worst).
    If anyone gives me answers, please be from someone who actually has experience on one of these quads, not someone looking at the specs and pretending to be an expert. Sorry for making you read that long question (novel).
    pip pip cherry-o!

Nov 30, 2009, 07:35 PM

Famous M.J. quote-
    "HEEE-HEEE"
    ATVRidersSUCK1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2009, 11:52 AM
    Nice you start with "I am a 12-year-old in CT, where it is illegal to ride quads/ATVs in the woods" so you know the law, then you go on with "but I'm out with my dad, brother, uncle, and cousin every other Sunday" so in other words your whole family is a bunch of criminal ATV riders... where do you ride... on other people's private property (tresspass on mine and I'll turn you in and press charges or the State Forest - ride there in my area and you'll be turned in by not just me, but everyone else in the area that is sick of ATV rider cr*p

1. Great role models
    2. Good luck in prison

Dec 31, 2009, 12:33 PM

EVERYONE rides quads here in CT, we pass hikers all the time. The only trails are we go on are dedicated quad trails.
    We pass riders every time we go.
    I know cops that ride the same way we do.
    We rode down the street on the way to ride, and passed a cop car on the side of the rode.
    We rode right by hikers many times. They all smile.

Riding a quad, legally or not, is better than sitting around the house doing bad things. Even the Forest Department agrees with that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Atv [ 0 Answers ]

Well, not so much as a dilemma, but a wondering. I have an '07 Honda TRX250EX (all stock) and want to get some good rock tires. Also, in the spring I want to get a new TRX300X, do these quads have the same rim dimensions? The Honda website says the dimensions are the same, but I just wanted to...

Tiger Woods [ 4 Answers ]

Coming off his incredible win in the U.S. Open, Tiger Woods, sadly, will have to skip the rest of the 2008 season to have ACL surgery. For him to miss the British Open and the PGA Championship, you know he must be in real pain. ESPN reports: Early in Tiger's career, there was some...

Two Men In The Woods! [ 1 Answers ]

Please please please help me before i go insane. I watched a film i in what i believe was 2001 but poss before. So i reckon the film was made between 98 and 01. It was a bit like the Blair Witch Project, same set up. Two men go camping in the woods to find a killer beast (i think it was the Taz...

View more questions Search