Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    icecream Posts: 160, Reputation: 6

Nov 30, 2009, 07:26 PM
    Monitor does not rturn on
    For some reason my monitor does not turn on. All connestions are right I have checked many times. Any ideas?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2009, 09:49 PM

Is this something new?

Does the light come on on the monitor and just nothing on screen?

If you have access to another 'known' working monitor, hook that one up to see if it is just the monitor that is the problem.

If another monitor shows no screen either, then you may be looking at a video card issue.

So try another monitor first and then go from there
    m_a_ibraheem Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Dec 1, 2009, 12:59 AM
    Make sure the power supply runs ! Yes maybe there's some problem in Mother board or power button
    If the power supply fan and CPU fan are running then there might be a mistake with the video adapter
    The solution from seahwak isolates every thing to parts and that's the right way to start , so ignore my dvice and do as he said !

Dec 1, 2009, 10:33 AM
    Hi,

Yes the light dows go on to the monitor. And when I unplug the monitor and put it back in, I see that the monitor does work just cause I see t powering on. But after that it turns into a "black screen"

I have tested it into another monitor and it works
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 11:39 AM

Would just mean that your orig monitor has died on you for whatever reason, in some monitors it is a bad capacitor - as opposed to paying to get it fixed, it may prove better to purchase a another one if that is an option (new or used)

Dec 1, 2009, 12:39 PM
    That's sux. Thanks for all your replys.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Monitor goes off [ 1 Answers ]

When I switch my p.c on the monitor goes on stand bye after 5 seconds?

Computer monitor as TV monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing my desktop monitor with a larger, wide screen type. Is there a way I can use my old monitor (flat screen) as a television monitor? Is there a cable available to make the transition from a tuner or vcr to the monitor? Is there another device needed to make the transition? Thank...

I don't want a dual monitor, but I don't want to use my laptop monitor. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my desktop computer monitor onto my desktop replacement laptop and have it be the default monitor? I am currently using these two as a dual monitor, and have no use for the laptop screen. I want to just close it up, leave it on the side, and pretend I'm just using a desktop...

LCD monitor [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a canon digital camera (EOS 10D) and start playing with it to familiarize with the functions. I noticed that it looks like I can't use the LCD monitor to take pictures but only to review previously taken pictures. Is that right? I just wondering why because most of the digital cameras...

View more questions Search