Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hereweare Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 04:40 PM
    Forgetting a guy when the relationship is forbbiden
    I like this guy I work with and he likes me, but it cannot happen. If we did date then my job could be at risk and I would be the gossip between coworkers. What can I do to forget about him and move on when I write reports to him every day and see his sister every day? This makes it so difficult.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Nov 30, 2009, 05:39 PM

Focus on something else. If you find yourself thinking about him, then distract yourself by keeping yourself as busy as possible.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 1, 2009, 12:30 AM

The two of you know enough about each other to know you like each other, so obviously there has been some contact.

Why is it 'forbidden', and if you are both single, what is the problem of having a relationship outside the office. Why is it anybody's business.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2009, 12:33 AM

Here, here,

The only way it would or could be forbidden is if it was your boss. Then you would have lots of issues.

Other then that I agree with the above advice from Jake.
    Rhiannnonn Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Dec 1, 2009, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    Why is it 'forbidden', and if you are both single, what is the problem of having a relationship outside the office. Why is it anybody's business.
    She may work at a company that has it in their rules that there's no "fraternizing" with other employees, not even off the clock, and off company property. I've worked at companies that have that strange rule.
    Silver Lining Posts: 374, Reputation: 36
    -

Dec 1, 2009, 11:15 AM
    Find some other guy... :D

Ok, seriously, if your job is at risk, take that as a motivation and quit thinking about him. Concentrate on your job. Either that or one of you find another job. Then you can start dating.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 1, 2009, 11:36 AM

Keep it strictly business, and professional. I don't know how you stop thoughts, but actions are completely in your control.

As long as the actions are correct, the thoughts can be dealt with.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 1, 2009, 12:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiannnonn View Post
    She may work at a company that has it in their rules that there's no "fraternizing" with other employees, not even off the clock, and off company property. I've worked at companies that have that strange rule.
    She needs to come back and I hope she does. In her question she says, "forgetting a guy when the relationship is forbidden", yet, there has been a relationship, because they both know they like each other.

Plus, in her question she says, " If we did date then my job could be at risk and I would be the gossip between coworkers."

It's a little wishy washy, and she doesn't say what the company policy is.

We'll see if she comes back with a little more information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ideas On Forgetting Someone! [ 9 Answers ]

Please people, I need ideas on forgetting someone. Too depressed Right now. Can't sleep. Do not want to use prescription drugs. How do I go about?

Never forgetting [ 4 Answers ]

:)hello all my first time here,what I want to know is when does the pain get less hurtfull.Ilost my daughter nearly 7 yrs ago and its worse now than before,I never believed people die of broken heart,but I do know.So tell me what you would do if 1 day you go to wake up your child and they died...

Problems w/ relationship / forgetting [ 1 Answers ]

Guys and girls, Recently, very recently (as in a couple of days ago), I woke up from a long night's sleep and had forgotten... just forgotten. I found a letter on my desk telling me what I should do after I read it. I did as it said, but something seems missing in my life. I feel empty. so...

What am I missing/forgetting? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's where I'm at currently; -I know and have professional experience in the business I'm starting, aftermarket automotive products. -I'm currently working on the paperwork to be submitted to receive a register business name, reseller's license, local permits, etc. -I have an experience...

Forgetting the past? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok well I have been struggleing to help my boyfriend forget about his ex girlfriend and I was wondering if there's something that I could do to help him through this. Its been awhile since they broke, he was only 15 at the time and now is 17. His ex girlfriend would have been 16 at the time.What...

View more questions Search