Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ekpiribok Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 03:32 PM
    How to replace a defrost thermostat on a ge side by side refrigerator
    Can someone help me with step by step instructions on how to replace a bad defrost thermostat on a ge side-by-side refrigerator? I understand it is near or attached to the evaporator coils, but I cannot find it. What do I need to do to access it? Thank you for generous help!

Philip

Check out some similar questions!

GE side by side with freezer that won't defrost [ 6 Answers ]

We have a GE (model #GSH25JSTA SS) side by side that is three years old. The frost keeps building up in the freezer, which then makes the fridge side warm. A tech came out and pulled the back of the freezer off to reveal loads of frost all over the defrost coils. He replaced our main control...

Refrigerator water line Leaking - Maytag Performa side-by-side [ 4 Answers ]

Leaking where incoming water splits to two separate lines, one line to freezer and one line to dispenser. It is not the incoming connection that is leaking. There is some type of red and green (solenoid ?) connected to wires and this is where water is leaking from? Any help would be...

Installed new defrost timer on whirlpool side by side [ 1 Answers ]

Plugged unit in and fan did not run. Turned the adjustment clockwise until fan turned on. Should fan be running when I want to defrost the unit?

GE refrigerator side by side GSS25JFPDWW slow Ice maker only 3 times in a month [ 1 Answers ]

It's the craziest thing, the ice maker does not make cubes, the water tray is full and in place but the rotating thing that throws them out of its maker does not seem to turn in a cycle to make more. The feeler arm, should it be under the cube maker or away. It moves side ways, in or out. We...

Kenmore Elite not cooling refrigerator side or side by side [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Model 53609202 side-by-side. The freezer is working fine, the air flow into the freezer is working, the fan is on. There is another fan in the bottom rear that is also on. There is nothing in the refrigerator to block the vents. There is a little frost on the rear panel...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.