Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neeti411 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 12:53 PM
    The age of father is twice the square of the age of his son.
    The age of father is twice the square of the age of his son. Eight years hence, the age of the father will be 4 years more than three times the age of the son. Find present ages?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2009, 01:03 PM

Find the value of and that will give you the son's age. If you plug it into either side you will get the father's age.

*Hint, this looks a lot like a quadratic equation.

Any questions, just ask.

P.S. I hate word problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joining the Army under the age of 18 [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has a child from his previous marriage. He has joing custody. He lives with his mother and myhusband pays child support. The child is 17. He told us the other day that he wants to drop out of High School and joing the Army. I want to know 1) if he can do this at the age of 17 - does...

I received my old age pension from abroad [ 2 Answers ]

I just got my green card and know I have to fill my tax return next year. I am a foreign citizen, but legal US resident. I received my old age pension from abroad. They put it in a bank account there, and I use my debit card to get my money here, in the U.S. What kind of form should I use to fill...

Child support after the age of 18 [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has been paying child support faithfully to his ex-wife for approximately 12 years. His son turns 18 in April of 2009. However, his son will not be graduating High School on time. He will not be graduating until December of 2009 instead of June of 2009. Does my husband still have to...

View more questions Search