Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    violet0019 Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Nov 30, 2009, 12:45 PM
    Urgent: RE: Colloidal Silver drops, cat's eye infection.how to administer?
    Can I have some advice regarding administering Colloidal Silver drops into the eye of my cat that appears infected? I was wondering on how to avoid contamination on the actual dropper if by chance, even if I am very careful - it touches her eye?? (and because she will probably squirm a bit as she is semi feral and I cannot pick her up etc. etc. I will be doing this alone and do not wish to traumatize her more, i.e. if someone suggests to have another person help hold her!) Thanks.:confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 30, 2009, 02:04 PM

The actual dropper can be cleaned with alcohol after usage and rinsed well in hot water. Wrap your cat in a towel to avoid nails, hold head firmly and administer drops. It would be best if you had someone assisting you. I wouldn't worry about traumatizing her. Losing an eye to an infection is far worse in a cats world.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Colloidal Silver [ 9 Answers ]

How safe is Colloidal Silver? I read where it can make your finger nails blue. Also is it safe to use in your eyes. For example a sty? And will it get rid of sty's?

Kitten eye infection [ 0 Answers ]

I have 3weeks kitten he has eye problem something's like yellow infection come out of his eyes I can't go to vet because I live in a small city in iran and there is no vet can any one help to treat him at home?

Colloidal Silver/Kitten Died [ 8 Answers ]

I read that colloidal silver is a general antibiotic for both kittens/cats as well as people. I picked up some the general health store - 10ppm. Jeremy, one of my (4 week? 5 week?) kittens had a swollen eye to the point it was bulging out of his little face. This happened this week, otherwise...

Treating a cat's eye infection at home. [ 2 Answers ]

My kitten is five months old and for the last two days he started squinting his right eye and today I noticed some discharge which is probably an eye infection. Is there anything I can use to get rid of his eye infection.

Treating cat's eye infection [ 2 Answers ]

We have two kittens that are 13 weeks old. We got them from a breeder. We were told that they have had their fvrcp shots at 8,10,&12 weeks. They were wormed 3 times w/panacure. Since we received them their eeyes have constantly been watery and irritated. We have tried to flush thei eye out...

View more questions Search