Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    denise3841 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 11:41 AM
    Can spouse be responsible for spouse outside child
    In Florida I hear there is a law that if your spouse has a child outside of the marriage, then the other spouse woould be responsible to support the child. Is this so?
    denise3841 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 11:43 AM

In Florida I hear there is a law that if your spouse has a child outside of the marriage, then the other spouse would be responsible to support the child. Is this so?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 30, 2009, 03:40 PM

If your asking on behalf of a husband that cheated and his girlfriend gave birth then not the baby is his responsibility. If it is a wife that had cheated and gave birth during the marriage then the husband is the presumed father and is responsible for the child and child support etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Citizen married filing separately, spouse lives outside US: does spouse need ITIN? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I am a US Citizen living in the US full time. My husband is German, living in Europe full time. We got married in the US in September 2006. My husband is applying for a green card but meanwhile cannot enter the US, due to immigration rules. Therefore we have not lived in the US together...

Hiding assets, how responsible are you for your spouse? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my husband and I have been together 17 years, married 8. He has spent the last 3 years "working for himself" during that time we were evicted 2 times, had utilities disconnected, etc. I have always worked but make enough for a car payment and some groceries or cable bill. He left w/ my 7 yr....

In Oregon is the surving spouse responsible for the dead spouse's medical debt? [ 5 Answers ]

My spouse was pronounced dead at our home. The EMT's did CPR but were unable to revive my spouse. Now I am being told that I am responsible for the bill and I am being told I am also responsible for 2 medical incurred prior to death. Medicare has already paid their portion of these bills. There...

Can a spouse be held responsible for debt? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a really old Capital One account that is threatening to sue me. I have been unemployed for the last year to take care of some family matters. I know that they can sue me but I'm curious to know if they do and win, can my husband be required to repay the debt? I have no income of my own and...

View more questions Search