Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cassandrita Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 11:06 AM
    Breaking up and keeping contact
    I have been dating this guy for 5 months now... it has been really great... but last week my boyfriend decided to break up with me... he realized that he is not happy with himself and that he doesn't want to drag me into his depressive problems... he says he needs to get his live on track and figure out what he wants to do cause right now he is so confused... So I respected his choice... Since then he has been texting me everyday to know how I am doing and what I am doing at night... I find this behavior weird since he decided to break up with me... I proposed to him to meet up on the weekend but something came up and I couldn't...
    I'm wondering if he regrets the decision he made or if simple he wants to keep contact with me... A couple of days ago he told me that he will always be there for me if I needed anything...
    Men are so confusing??
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Nov 30, 2009, 12:00 PM

Didn't you just break up with another guy 2 months ago? So you had 2 boyfriends at the same time? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...uy-396767.html
    cassandrita Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by I wish View Post
    Didn't you just break up with another guy 2 months ago? So you had 2 boyfriends at the same time? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...uy-396767.html
    No I didn't have 2 boyfriends at the same time I was with my current boyfriend but still talking to Ex... but I don't talk to that one anymore not worth it
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Nov 30, 2009, 01:41 PM
    First off, I'm not sure why you generalize all men as confusing, because no two people are the same.

Secondly, you're taking his words too literally. His actions are fairly clear. Regardless of his reasons, the bottom line is, he doesn't want to continue a relationship with you. He doesn't want to try to make the relationship work anymore.

There are so many possibilities on why he's still checking on you, but he's the only one who knows the reason, so why don't you just ask him directly? His actions are clearly giving you false hope that you might still have a chance together.

False hope sets you up for a huge disappointment. If he doesn't want the same thing as you, then you're better off going your separate ways. If you don't want to hear from him, then tell him to leave you alone. Otherwise, if you're confused about his actions, then just ask him straight up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is This Breaking No Contact? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey! I was just wondering what you all thought of this. Last night, my phone rang about 10:00 and the number was withheld on my cell's caller ID. I answered with, "Hello?" The person(presumably female) on the other end goes, "What up?" I answered with, "Who is this? " She goes, "This is...

After months of No contact events keep happening that push me towards breaking it! [ 26 Answers ]

I keep on the path of NC but then in recent weeks I keep being drawn to breaking it! Firstly, I became an Uncle 4 weeks ago. I thought about texting my ex to tell her the news but decided not too. She knew before I commenced NC (which I told her I was doing nearly 8 months ago) that was on the...

Keeping in contact [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have been in a relationship for a year and half an the last 4 months she moved in with me. Unfortunately due to her collapsing and being sent to hospital 2 months ago she has decided to get herself sorted as she was doing nothing with her life and had problems such as bulimia and dinking a lot...

She keeps breaking No Contact [ 3 Answers ]

My GF broke up with me after 4.5 years. She is sort of dating this guy who she admitted have a crush on for a long time. We are best friends and are totally connected in ways that this other guy could never compete with. She hints about the future with me but doesn't break it off with him. So I...

View more questions Search